Author Topic: 2017 Season looking dire  (Read 34126 times)

Offline Fran

Re: 2017 Season looking dire
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2017, 20:18:05 PM »
The guys that sell the light up toys are around, as we bought a few from them. Every time they saw my grandson they switched all the toys on, caught his attention and that was it. Saw the flower seller in quite a few restaurants as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2017, 20:34:22 PM »
We have been down five  times around 9.30pm to eat  have not seen the toy guys and we had to go to the Dawn Beach to see the flower seller, as we were looking for him each night. When we asked in one restaurant we were told that Willie Thorne is finding it difficult to carry the flowers around now, but we can always get him at his pitch at Dawn Beach.  We will look out for him next week when I need my next flower fix. What time do you see him around the restaurants? perhaps he does not go too far. George's told us they never see him now.
Have not seen the boys with the scales yet.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »
Im not surprised at all re everyone seems to be going to Marmaris.I have been looking for a cheap week away week after next and there were just so many holidays ( in the scheme of things good prices, its been so long since I booked a package holiday, I was genuinely shocked by the cost of some)  for Marmaris, I know folk werent going there cos of the troubles etc, I recall seeing pics of empty beaches, if your looking for just a cheap deal and not to bothered which part of Turkey it is then I guess youl opt for one of the Marmaris bargains. 

Offline Wagon Wheels

• Newly Registered
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2017, 11:34:52 AM »
Having just returned from 5 days in Marmaris l can fully understand some of the cheap packages that are available. The place is empty, we usually visit this time of year, but l have never seen  it sooooooo quiet. A lot of the hotels are closed, even on the seafront and we were told they wont be opening unit mid June/July. Its very sad as Marmaris council have spent a lot of money in upgrading the place in tbe past few years and its a really nice resort now and immaculatly clean,
but l think this year will be even worse than last for many of the resort,

Sharon

Offline blueclad

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2017, 14:10:48 PM »
Why not take a small risk book a airtours package from [  various airports ] , B/B  to marmaris in early june @ £131 each 14 nights  b/b quite good flights includes 15 kg bags each [ with transfers ill add ] click on no free transfers ==Then go off to Calis area for the holiday, this way its  so cheap re the airfares which are around £200

Offline sadler

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2017, 14:19:20 PM »
What would the small risk be, Blueclad?

Offline blueclad

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2017, 16:17:12 PM »
The small risk could be that IF the hotel rep finds out your not at the package booked hotel could not your return flight tickets be revoked?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2017, 16:21:38 PM »
You just have to tell the reps on arrival at the airport that you won't be using the hotel. It happens regularly, but they need to know incase of emergencies or queries.

(I've heard, though not had it confirmed, that the reps will sometimes sell the use of your room to a friend for the duration of the holiday.)

Offline sadler

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2017, 16:35:10 PM »
Thanks Blueclad. I have often thought about doing this when we had property in Calis but wondered what would happen if you didn't turn up at the accommodation. My daughter and her husband did it but arrived with the tour company, took several meals at the accommodation but stayed in our apartment! Win win all round.    :)

If someone else can get use of the room, another win, win.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2017, 18:02:32 PM »
In Ovacik, Kayakoy and Hisaronu today.   Very quiet.  We were the only ones in the Istanbul Restaurant in Kaya.   Although we saw people staying at the bungalows and sunbathing. Only one waiter who was also preparing the food.  Noted no customers in any other restaurants including the Levissi.
Hisaronu was deserted, restaurants empty as was Ovacik.   I do hope it will get better as the season goes on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf