Author Topic: Britain to implement the same Electronic Ban on Flights as U.S.A.  (Read 29979 times)

Offline marina

Re: Britain to implement the same Electronic Ban on Flights as U.S.A.
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2017, 19:51:29 PM »
Blimey Jacqui, you must have been rich when you were a child!   ;)  I'm assuming that you are about the same age as me but we could never even dream of going abroad when I was little.  My (very happy) memories of holidays then were of Southport, Prestatyn and graduating all the way to Great Yarmouth  ;D

As for technology, my earlier comment was a bit tongue in cheek.  Having eldest daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons living a 45 minute drive away and the youngest daughter, son-in-law, two year old grandson and another due any day now, living 12,000 miles away in New Zealand you won't find me knocking it.

We have group chats on Whats-app nearly every day, they both send me photos and little videos of the boys regularly which, especially for the one in NZ, keeps me going and helps us to see him growing up.  We also Skype often. Obviously we see the ones over here as often as we can but it's nice to be able to get photos of little things that we miss.

On Wednesday we set off for New Zealand to see new grandson. (Stopovers in Kuala Lumpur and Sydney on the way there, so he may have put in an appearance before we get there on the 26th) and we will then keep in touch with the others over here via Whats-app, Skype etc. 

When I think what it was like when my cousin emigrated to Australia nearly 40 years ago, it doesn't compare. 

Thank God for modern technology!    ;) ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2017, 23:38:38 PM »
No, Marina, not rich my Dad was a maintenance engineer in Tate & Lyles and my Mum was a Manager in the Office of a furniture Shop.  We first started going abroad with Swan's Tours where we got the bus to London, the boat train to Dover, after the boat a train through France, stopping at Paris for a few hours, and then another train to the border with Spain at the border we then took a train to Barcelona it took 2 days and was a journey from hell.  Then we stayed in an Hotel for 10 days.  That was lovely, but had to face the journey back again.
After this my Father got a car and we started to travel to the continent in his car for holidays. Traveling all around places, like France, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain.  We never ever took a plane and we camped everywhere in quite a big tent, latterly they got a campervan, which was much more comfortable.    :)

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »
Further to Stoops post about the firestick - take a look at this facebook page "Is YOUR TV on Fire? TV streaming at its best".
The firestick that you can buy from these guys (Julie & Julian) comes fully loaded and gets automatically updated every two weeks so you don't have to wait too long for the latest films and episodes. They are always at the end of the phone or txt to sort out any problems. Although they are based in my home town they have over 10,000 customers world wide and I can hand on heart recommend them to anyone who is considering the purchase of a firestick to get around the new restrictions on laptops and tablets.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2017, 09:53:29 AM »
According to this site the selling of Kodi boxes pre-loaded with Mobdro, Showbox etc. is illegal in the EU.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/is-kodi-legal-kodi-boxes-illegal/

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2017, 10:23:32 AM »
Further to Stoops post about the firestick - take a look at this facebook page "Is YOUR TV on Fire? TV streaming at its best".
The firestick that you can buy from these guys (Julie & Julian) comes fully loaded and gets automatically updated every two weeks so you don't have to wait too long for the latest films and episodes. They are always at the end of the phone or txt to sort out any problems. Although they are based in my home town they have over 10,000 customers world wide and I can hand on heart recommend them to anyone who is considering the purchase of a firestick to get around the new restrictions on laptops and tablets.

Hi Steve. I brought my fire stick out here last year but found it very hit and miss regarding watching tv. I've since discovered PULSE which is a add on build for Kodi and is developed by Ares Project. There are many videos and tutorials on line showing you how to put it on your fire stick. I found the best way was to remove Kodi completely from the fire stick and reinstall it following the pulse instructions. The difference is amazing. The pulse build updates everyday and also an updated build comes out every week or two. Watched footie on sky sports 1 HD yesterday with just a slight bit of buffering but not enough to be a pain. Worth having a go at if your technically savvy, or for anybody else.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2017, 10:37:46 AM »
Second that.  Pulse is one of the more stable builds and the guys maintain it better than most.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »
I was thinking more about Mobdro to be honest. That's separate from Kodi on the Firestick I'm getting and the picture is amazing and loads fast. I bought one for a mate and am getting the same.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2017, 15:50:10 PM »
Hi Stoop - I use PULSE on my laptop and I agree with you and JohnF that it's one of the more stable builds. I haven't put it on my firestick but I might if I have the same problems as you did when I try my firestick in Turkey for the first time in a few weeks time.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2017, 16:24:37 PM »
Don't you need at least 8 gigabyte to use a firestick? Ours in Turkey is only 6gb

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2017, 16:56:37 PM »
just got back sun and my luggage allowance was 3kg heavier due to a laptop and 2 tablets i thought oh no i will be charged but was ready for a row,but they did not charge me.security is very high when you go to board you plane

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf