Author Topic: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.  (Read 38315 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2017, 13:44:19 PM »
Thank you for info Phil, yes it was going to be in an apartment, Inspector has said you can give p.o.a to someone to register your property from uk and this has to be done at the Turkish embassy in London ( i think thats what he said" ;) does anyone know please if the deadline of registering of the property is still end June please?   :)

Offline tom kelly

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2017, 19:00:41 PM »
Great stuff Tom. Do you have a fixed IP in Turkey?

Yes I used my laptop. If you just google "IP Address" your public IP address should come up straight away.

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2017, 19:29:29 PM »
Great stuff Tom. Do you have a fixed IP in Turkey?

Yes I used my laptop. If you just google "IP Address" your public IP address should come up straight away.

Watch out though, Tom. It may be that your current address is 'leased' by your ISP and will change after a few days.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2017, 23:07:01 PM »
Yes Tom that was where I was going - your IP is easy to find but a FIXED IP isn't. If your IP changes you will not be able to connect to the system, and getting the original IP back isn't likely. I'd check with your internet provider to see if you have a fixed one or if not, if you can arrange one.

I recall it used to be an option on the TTnet form - but that was many years ago now.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2017, 10:05:04 AM »
Seems to me another self inflicted wound by Turkish government on an already struggling tourist trade. Yet another hurdle, which may make many owners think of pulling out of rental market, I have already done so.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »
Apparently you can set up a static IP address on a laptop or tablet. Here's a link to an informative blog that shows you how to do it.....

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address

Presumably you can unset it when you return to the uk as and long as you remember the settings you used, set it back to the same "static" ip address when you return to Turkey.

I've not tried it myself so "buyer beware".  ;D

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »
Apparently you can set up a static IP address on a laptop or tablet. Here's a link to an informative blog that shows you how to do it.....

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address

Presumably you can unset it when you return to the uk as and long as you remember the settings you used, set it back to the same "static" ip address when you return to Turkey.

I've not tried it myself so "buyer beware".  ;D

Not that simple I'm afraid. This will only set a static IP address for the laptop/tablet for when it communicates with your router. and will not be visible to the internet as a whole. The static IP address that is relevant here is the one that is issued to your router by your ISP and is the address that is visible to the internet but, this address gets changed every so often.

Think of it as a the phone line coming into your house. The socket on the wall is the router and people calling you or for you to call outside your house call the number issued to you by BT, but every so often BT change this number.

Now imagine you have four handsets connected to it around the house. The handsets have the extensions 1001, 1002, 1003 and 1004 but you can only dial them by their extension number from another extension inside your house, anyone outside cannot see the extension numbers only the line number at the socket. These extension numbers are the equivalent of setting a static IP address as per SteveJ's method.

Hope that makes sense!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2017, 11:15:15 AM »
Seems to me another self inflicted wound by Turkish government on an already struggling tourist trade.

Not according to the Turkish hotel and tourism organisations who have been lobbying for these changes for some time.  The numbers of foreign owners affected is minimal when you take Turkey as a whole, and for every Brit, Scandi or German who bails, there'll be a Qatari or Iranian or Saudi who'll take their place.

Barcelona is probably the highest profile city to implement similar measures recently, again under pressure from the hotel and tourism organisations.  The council fined AirBNB €600,000 last November due to them continuing to advertise "illegal room rentals", although how they'll enforce it I don't know.  It hasn't affected their tourism figures - locals are still complaining that the city is overcrowded with tourists and from my last visit, yeah they're right!

JF

Offline Phil

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2017, 12:51:00 PM »
Seems to me another self inflicted wound by Turkish government on an already struggling tourist trade. Yet another hurdle, which may make many owners think of pulling out of rental market, I have already done so.

If these new laws mean the end of unregulated, unregistered, untaxed private Villa and Apartment rentals in Turkey then I am sure the Turkish Government, the Turkish Security Forces, the Turkish Tax Man and the Turkish Hoteliers will regard it all as an extremely good result.......... all the problems solved at a stroke. Brilliant !

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2017, 15:55:00 PM »
Does anyone have any updated info please on whether the deadline for registering of the property is still end of June, if so our friends that are coming over will be ok in the apartment they will be staying in, or would they i, sure if it makes everything legal I could take them to the police station on arrival...I offered to do the registering for the owner as he can not have any time off work until August at the earliest but then Inspector said I couldnt do it anyway!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf