Author Topic: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.  (Read 38590 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2017, 10:00:20 AM »
Someone on FB saying they have static IP yet cannot log on with their uk laptop.

Has anyone got into the system with a uk laptop or tablet?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
It's static Turkish IP only as far as I understood.

The solution is local property management, as I think I mentioned some time ago.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 10:51:24 AM »
It's static Turkish IP only as far as I understood.

The solution is local property management, as I think I mentioned some time ago.

That's not a solution for us. Why should we pay to let our family stay? Unless you know someone offering a free service?

Hopefully the post about not needing to register family is correct. I'm sure we will find out before too long.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2017, 10:56:39 AM »
Are the cleaners you arrange free? If not you pay to let your family stay already.

Offline madmart

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2017, 12:24:25 PM »
Just a thought on this and I do appreciate that some people prefer the privacy of a private apartment/villa. We stopped by the Oykun earlier today to see someone.

Apparently it is very quiet this year with many  rooms and not just at the Oykun.

For those people who booked flights last year who are now unable to use villas/apartments because the owners do not want the hassle/expense, is it too hard for the owners to suggest that their renters try and arrange accommodation with the Mutlu, Oykun et al directly? I don't know perhaps they could even furnish them with contact details.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2017, 12:50:24 PM »
Are the cleaners you arrange free? If not you pay to let your family stay already.

But why should we pay more for this ill thought out scheme?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2017, 13:00:16 PM »
Because that is the law in the country where your property is?

Offline Phil

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2017, 13:34:06 PM »
I think it’s fairly clear now ..... if ANY money changes hands for people to stay in your Villa for “Free” ( eg cleaners, electric, air con etc. ) while you are not resident , then this new law defines your Villa as a business.

It’s a pretty reasonable definition. If relatives visit you in England they don’t pay a penny while they are in your house. If you let your house for a few months while you were away then the British Tax man could ( and would ) regard that as income.

The Villa rental business in Turkey has become a not insignificant part of the economy and it can no longer be allowed to carry on unregulated, unchecked and untaxed.

Can you imagine the outcry in England if a load of Germans starting buying holiday flats in Padstow and then offered them for rent for a tax free income ............

Get real everyone. Pay the few quid. Stop griping and accept it. Join in the system and learn as you go like everyone else.

( Any one got a tin hat they can lend me ? )

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2017, 14:10:23 PM »
Get real everyone. Pay the few quid. Stop griping and accept it. Join in the system and learn as you go like everyone else.

No tin hat required.  What you've said sums it up.

This is Turkey.  Laws and regulations change all the time and the (relatively) rich foreigners with holiday homes are generally not at the top of the list when considering the ramifications of new or updated legislation, and quite rightly so.  I can think of a few areas where over the years the law has changed, sometimes almost overnight - it's just the way it is in Turkey and you simply have to get on with it.

I believe there are now a good number of members who have got themselves sorted, either through their property management company or independently - and when you take into account the value of their (property) investment, its not a great deal of money to spend to stay legal and take away any risk of being fined.

If spending an extra few hundred quid a year to stay legal is a deal breaker then maybe...    nah, I'm not even going to say it  ;)

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2017, 14:14:21 PM »
Exactly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf