Author Topic: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.  (Read 38591 times)

Offline Google

• Newly Registered
Re: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2017, 14:42:13 PM »
We are living in long term rented accommodation do we have to advise the owner of the apartments if we have family visiting for 2 or 3 weeks. We have rented the apartment for last four years and family do visit in the summer months.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2017, 14:51:42 PM »
Yes, Read the long thread all about this very helpful information from The Inspector.  :)

Offline charlste

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2017, 16:50:07 PM »
Can anything happen to the holiday maker if they are on holiday and unbeknown to them they have not be registered by the owner.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2017, 17:06:51 PM »
Not specific to the new regulations, but if things aren't right to their opinion, Turkish authorities haven't been particularly sympathetic to the innocent renter at times recently:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/turkish-police-eject-british-tourists-from-airbnb-flat-during-dawn-raid-gnq3r5fnc

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2017, 17:51:40 PM »
They actually aren't that different to the Spanish authorities if an illegal rental situation comes to light - believe it or not, but the fines in Spain are even higher then in Turkey if you're caught renting illegally.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2017, 08:01:54 AM »
So providing you have registered your property by the end of June and got your self set up with the software to start registering anyone who stays in your property that has a different surname to any names on the tapu so that if need be the authorities can track folks wherabouts, then all will be above board and no fines will be metted out but from 1st July this is where the seriousness of this will begin and when the checks begin if yiuv not registered,if a check is done someone is staying in a property that has not been registered on the system this will then become a whole different ballgame...is my line of thinking correct does anyone know please?   ;) 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2017, 14:44:53 PM »
So providing you have registered your property by the end of June and got your self set up with the software to start registering anyone who stays in your property that has a different surname to any names on the tapu so that if need be the authorities can track folks wherabouts, then all will be above board and no fines will be metted out but from 1st July this is where the seriousness of this will begin and when the checks begin if yiuv not registered,if a check is done someone is staying in a property that has not been registered on the system this will then become a whole different ballgame...is my line of thinking correct does anyone know please?    ;) 

So what's the need to register if you only let family stay? I can't understand that part.

Bottom line is that this was supposed to be a security issue but more and more it seems to be a tax issue.

I have no problem with people being find for not paying any tax due from renting out their property. My problem is why should those who don't rent out have to suffer and pay out money when they are not breaking the law?

We certainly won't be registering this year as we do not intend to let family stay. Then hopefully by next year we will have better indication of the problems people have encountered with the system. Who knows maybe it will all become clear by then. I won't hold my breath though.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2017, 23:25:31 PM »
Im not sure Stoop! Im trying to get some clarification for my friends who came to Turkey for the first time last year as we kept on saying come to Turkry you will love it and they did! Our friend will be 50 and booked flights to come out to celebrate with her hubby and daughter but now with all this happening even though no money is being paid we dont want to be doing anything wrong...i thought the registering bit of property was so you then have access to the new system once password has been given so you cam input all names so authorities can track people iff they need to?  Maybe im reading it wrong but i thought if you rent out and make money then thats a different thing altogether as in going to the tax office.

Offline Phil

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2017, 10:05:01 AM »
" So what's the need to register if you only let family stay? I can't understand that part. "

I think the answer is now very clear....... If the property owner is not staying there, they want to know who is.

It's the security issue that is the driving force..... the tax issue follows on naturally.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2017, 16:26:35 PM »
Im not sure Stoop! Im trying to get some clarification for my friends who came to Turkey for the first time last year as we kept on saying come to Turkry you will love it and they did! Our friend will be 50 and booked flights to come out to celebrate with her hubby and daughter but now with all this happening even though no money is being paid we dont want to be doing anything wrong...i thought the registering bit of property was so you then have access to the new system once password has been given so you cam input all names so authorities can track people iff they need to?  Maybe im reading it wrong but i thought if you rent out and make money then thats a different thing altogether as in going to the tax office.

OK - are we now saying that even if you want your family to stay when you are not there then you have to register? Am I reading that correct?

... but we then see from some reports that you do not need to report when family are staying. This is the bit that's confusing me.

So I can register for free, get the software, but do not need to let them know when family are staying (without any payment)?

Seems pretty daft to me to be honest.

The other thing is that you seem to need a static IP address. We've been quoted an extra 15 lira a month for this. OK it's not much but it adds another £50 a year to our internet costs.

As I said earlier - I think we will just wait and see how it all pans out before we make a decision on things.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf