Author Topic: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.  (Read 38524 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2017, 16:30:55 PM »
" So what's the need to register if you only let family stay? I can't understand that part. "

I think the answer is now very clear....... If the property owner is not staying there, they want to know who is.

It's the security issue that is the driving force..... the tax issue follows on naturally.

.. but we are getting conflicting information on this as far as I can see from the posts I've read.

Offline Phil

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2017, 16:53:59 PM »
There certainly were some conflicting versions. I think it's pretty clear now :

If the property owner is resident he can have whoever he wants staying with him as a house guest - no need to register.

If the property owner is not resident then guest registration is required.

My Advice : Stop reading posts and get some professionals on the case.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2017, 19:01:57 PM »
I am not actually posting saying "this is what you have to do" I too am seeking clarification on how to proceed with things when our friends come over, they are not staying with me as we are having a new kitchen fitted but I do as a friend want them to have a good holiday and also dont want the property owners ending up with a huge fine, they are more then willing to make everything legal but can not have time off work at the drop of a hat to go over and do the registering etc, i was going to try and help them out if it were possible as we going over next month for quite a long stay...
If this registering of family with different surnames to tapu holders or if you rent out then also for paying guests, helps the authorities to track/ keep track of possible terror suspects then I am all for it...
I thought I had read if you make money from a rental then thats a seperate issue where you would go to the tax office, there is a threshold which someone has mentioned i think about how much you can earn on rental income before any tax has to be paid...

Offline tom kelly

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »
Thanks Inspector for your time and effort.

Does anybody know where you need to go to register for the software etc?

I went to the Passport Police office today. They said I need to go to the Nufus office. The people at the Nufus office said I need to go to the Passport Police office so I still don't know.

Get a static ip adress from internet service provider, then go to police station in GUNLUKBASI with your Passport&residency card,tapu and adress registaration number of the house you let.

Thanks again Inspector. I went to Gunlukbasi Police Station today and eventually found the office I needed. It is on the right hand side of the courtyard. Unfortunately, the gentleman there only gave me a form to fill in, all in Turkish. I will fill it in and take it back later.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2017, 10:16:27 AM »
Unfortunately, the gentleman there only gave me a form to fill in, all in Turkish. I will fill it in and take it back later.

The form's in Turkish?  That is indeed unfortunate...

JF

Offline Phil

« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »
Karennina. If your visiting friends are staying in a privately owned Villa or Apartment then it is the responsibility of the property owner to register their presence . ( On pain of a 10,000TL fine).

I am not sure if the Police Registration set up process can be completed without the physical presence of the Property Owner in Turkey.  However, once the process is completed the actual registration of the guests HAS to be done from a computer in Turkey ( The same computer every time).  Good Property Managers are handling this for owners.

The Tax issue is perhaps not quite so pressing. The Tax Office will have access to the list of properties registered with the Police. Eventually they might get round to checking this.

At one point you could not complete the Police Registration set up without your Tax Certificate stating you were a registered company.  (This is NOT just your Tax Number). However, I don’t think the Tax Certificate is required now.

You can deal with the Tax issues fairly leisurely – but you will need an accountant to advise you and do the donkey work.  I am pretty certain that you will need to be in Turkey to set everything up for the Tax side of things.  I am learning about the limits and thresholds.

I offer this advice in good faith – but end by saying that you should consult professionals –  M’lud would not accept a Forum Post as a defence !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2017, 10:41:58 AM »
I would think as there are English, German, Dutch, Russian etc., property owners, there is no way the forms can be printed in multiple languages.  I am sure some Turkish friend can help you with it.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »
but you will need an accountant to advise you and do the donkey work.  I am pretty certain that you will need to be in Turkey to set everything up for the Tax side of things. 

Inspector does the full service and the accountants fee are 234tl per month, £50 or thereabouts, for the months you are using the property.

Here's the topic: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=62997.msg437089#msg437089

On the basis it's now a web based application for reporting guests, the initial set up costs may be less then that quoted, Inspector could maybe confirm the current charges applicable.

JF

Offline tom kelly

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2017, 12:44:42 PM »
Thanks Inspector for your time and effort.

Does anybody know where you need to go to register for the software etc?

I went to the Passport Police office today. They said I need to go to the Nufus office. The people at the Nufus office said I need to go to the Passport Police office so I still don't know.

Get a static ip adress from internet service provider, then go to police station in GUNLUKBASI with your Passport&residency card,tapu and adress registaration number of the house you let.

Thanks again Inspector. I went to Gunlukbasi Police Station today and eventually found the office I needed. It is on the right hand side of the courtyard. Unfortunately, the gentleman there only gave me a form to fill in, all in Turkish. I will fill it in and take it back later.

I managed to fill the form in to the satisfaction of the officer at Gunlukbasi Polis and now have my password.
I hope my experiences will be of assistance to others.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2017, 13:06:17 PM »
Great stuff Tom. Do you have a fixed IP in Turkey?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf