Author Topic: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.  (Read 38098 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
Before anyone gets too excited, it's worth remembering that there is a high likelihood that the Polis and Jandarma will have different processes and protocols.  Theoretically they shouldn't, but they do, for now.

It does look as though common sense may have prevailed, certainly as far as the Jandarma are concerned.  Lets hope this continues.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2017, 13:41:47 PM »
This is looking more positive! I would appreciate details on how to complete for Ciftlik for my sons as we (like many) only let close family stay.

All I know is that Legless sorted it yesterday. He waited to speak to the relevant person at the Gendarme and needed the Tapu and his passport (I expect everyone on the Tapu needs to supply this). They told him who was allowed to stay without registering and arranged for someone to call with the forms later that day. He completed them and as far as he's concerned it's all sorted.

If I get any more info I will let you know. It seems straight forward but that was yesterday  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2017, 15:15:10 PM »
Strange I was told today by a British business owner in the area (He has Turkish citizenship and owns a lot of property).  That as longs you have relatives staying you are fine, no forms needed,  this was an amendment to this new law on Monday.
It seems everyone seems to know a different story.  ;D :o :'(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2017, 15:43:06 PM »
Legless went to the Gendarme next to the PTT in Fethiye.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2017, 15:45:51 PM »
Strange I was told today by a British business owner in the area (He has Turkish citizenship and owns a lot of property).  That as longs you have relatives staying you are fine, no forms needed,  this was an amendment to this new law on Monday.
It seems everyone seems to know a different story.  ;D :o :'(

Our site manager (who is an Emlak also) said yesterday that there is no problem with family staying. No need to register according to him.

I guess it is a little safer if you have completed the formalities on paper - which hopefully will help with any future visits from the authorities.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2017, 11:06:47 AM »
This might be a daft question - but then you never know over here......  ;D
Presumably there are no consequences for people staying somewhere that hasn't registered them?

A friend of mine who will visit the area soon has asked if they'd be fined should the place they're staying not be taking part in this process and there were checks while they're here. My first thought was 'Surely not?' - swiftly followed by 'Actually, it wouldn't surprise me.'

Inspector - do you know?   :)

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »
This might be a daft question - but then you never know over here......  ;D
Presumably there are no consequences for people staying somewhere that hasn't registered them?

A friend of mine who will visit the area soon has asked if they'd be fined should the place they're staying not be taking part in this process and there were checks while they're here. My first thought was 'Surely not?' - swiftly followed by 'Actually, it wouldn't surprise me.'

Inspector - do you know?    :)

From my understanding, they won't be fined, it's the owner that would be but, they would be turfed out and the house sealed.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2017, 12:34:27 PM »

From my understanding, they won't be fined, it's the owner that would be but, they would be turfed out and the house sealed.

Ok thanks. Better have some spare beds on standby....!

Offline lynnj

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2017, 13:02:27 PM »
Thanks so much Inspector and all other contributors.
It is clear that there is no issue of guests whether family or friends staying whilst the owner is present unless they stay more than 30 days
Does anyone know whether an owner can stay in their apartment whilst family or friends of theirs stay in a second apartment on the same complex / sitesi without the owners of that second apartment having to register the presence of the first owner'sfamily/friends.
Ie Does the fact that an apartment owner is present on the complex mean that the family/friends count as staying with them because they are on the complex at the same time ??
Thanks in advance for any guidance

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »
Does anyone know whether an owner can stay in their apartment whilst family or friends of theirs stay in a second apartment on the same complex / sitesi without the owners of that second apartment having to register the presence of the first owner'sfamily/friends.

If the complex setup is the same as ours where each individual apartment is a legal entity in it's own right, with a Tapu in the owners name, then I would think it very likely that the scenario you suggest would not be allowed. The other apartment would still have to be registered with the authorities.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf