Author Topic: thought I had seen it all  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Ally B

thought I had seen it all
« on: May 27, 2017, 17:44:28 PM »
WE were in Fethiye the other day and went for a snack.A Turkish women and a young boy who was aged between 7 and 9 came and sat next to us The young lad sat and played one of these hand held games and his mother sat and fed him a burger, he ate the burger and never took his eyes or hands off the game. I have seen some spoiled kids in Britain but not as bad as this. Some day this laddie will one day have to do his stint of national service. How will he manage?

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Re: thought I had seen it all
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 18:28:13 PM »
I saw something similar to this in Bedford a few months ago with a lad.I wonder how he will cope in a British school!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 19:33:30 PM »
Seen it loads of times. It's a "Turkish Mum" thing.  ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 20:59:11 PM »

Iv'e noticed a similar thing in lot's of Pakistani families I have been friend's with over the years, and the boys rule the roost.

They are very seldom corrected or told off but the girls are, and some are treated like young skivvies. It's a shock to see it

happening but it's part of their culture. And much like Turkey, at weddings and other functions the men dance, the women don't. !!!

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 21:53:29 PM »
I haven't witnessed this behaviour with any of my in-laws so maybe it's a minority. I work in a primary school in UK and a minority of the kids there would gladly allow you to hand feed them, clearly everything is done for them at home. I personally think it's the new generation in general as my generation were a lot more independent. Oh and in my Turkish wedding we all danced, male & female. The dance floor was very busy   ;) :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf