Author Topic: Getting home  (Read 10490 times)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Re: Getting home
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 14:48:00 PM »
We came back with easyjet a couple of weeks ago we put All the kids electrical gadgets chargers etc into the hold luggage before leaving for the airport,  only keeping phones on us(I would advise all to do this as it saved any swopping around or messing about).  Our cases all went through the first scanners we did not have to open a thing.
Checked in fine and as above post state searched at passport control and checks at departure gate were very thorough. We were delayed though as our plane home was stuck on the runway on landing at Dalaman because it had no gate to go to, I think this is because the domestic airport is running through the same terminal at the moment.
We noticed what appeared to be a flight Marshall on both our outbound and return flight anyone clocked it?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 17:07:23 PM »
If you put your electronic equipment in your hold luggage you could be told to remove it at the first security scan near the door.   I was reading on T.A that people where being told to open suitcases and take out electronic equipment  and then some were struggling to find their eletronic stuff in their cases, pulling out clothes etc.,  and they were holding up the queues.  Easy to put it all in a tray and then put it in your case, then you will not hold anyone up.   

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 08:23:45 AM »
Well it's going in our hold luggage. If they want us to take it out then those behind will just have to wait. That won't be of our making.

We can pack it far safer if we do it before we leave for the airport. That's very important as far as I'm concerned.

The advice from Monarch is to do this so I'll go with that.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 08:25:50 AM »
Thank you for choosing to fly with us.

The UK government has recently introduced new security measures affecting all flights from Turkey to the UK. Electronic items including laptops, iPads, tablets and e-readers will need to be switched off (not in sleep or standby mode), packed into hold luggage and checked in for your upcoming flight with us. These electronic items will not be allowed in the aircraft cabin with you. Please also note that power banks/portable power sources or spare or separate device batteries are not allowed at all on your flight from Turkey, either in the cabin or hold, and we will be required to take these off you, so please do not bring with you on your trip.

For further information, please see here.

There will be additional searches at the gate and we will be required to take any items found that are not allowed in the cabin under the new security measures, and place these in the hold.

To help you with this, we will increase the paid for hold luggage allowance by 3kgs (up to a maximum of 26kg per bag) free of charge to allow for the additional weight of electrical items. This will be automatically added to your baggage allowance.

We highly recommend that all your belongings, including your electronic items, are covered by your insurance. Please check your insurance policy as electronic gadgets are often not included. Should you require it, we have made gadget insurance available from Monarch here. Monarch will not accept liability for any damage to or loss of electrical gadgets in hold luggage. You may also wish to consider luggage that is lockable.

Because of these new security measures, online check in will not be available on flights from Turkey to the UK. Check in will be at the airport only. Check in for flights from Turkey to the UK will open three hours before departure and close 60 minutes before departure. Please ensure you allow sufficient time.

The maximum size allowed in the aircraft cabin is Length: 16.0cm, Width: 9.3cm, Depth: 1.5cm. Therefore, most mobile and smart phones will be allowed into the cabin with you. However, please consider your entertainment needs before boarding the aircraft.

Flights from the UK to Turkey are not subject to the same restrictions – so you are free to travel with your electronic items to Turkey. But please do bear in mind your return journey when you’re packing.

You can find the latest travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/travelaware

Offline Neil T

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 10:35:16 AM »
We flew back last week with Jet2. I put all electronics, iPad, kindles, nintendos, etc in hold luggage. Went through first scan at airport entrance without being asked to open cases. Checked luggage in, then as with everyone else's experience, thorough checks of hand luggage at the gate.
I didn't see anyone being asked to open cases at the airport entrance scanners due to electronic equipment being inside cases.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 11:03:35 AM »
It woul seem some people get through with eletronic equipment in their cases and other don't. So hit or a miss.
Quite a few threads on T.A.  Some people getting through, others being told to take out ipads etc., from hold luggage.  So a chance you take.  We decided to get keep our eletronic stuff out, after reading the posts on T.A. 
The question is...Do you fee lucky??
Just one thread... Note Henry Worthington, had to take his items out of his case.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g811172-i12779-k10534601-Dalaman_Airport_Security-Dalaman_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html#83737627

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »
Henry Worthington doesn't say he had to take them out if his hold luggage. He said he had to show them before packing them in his hold luggage.

It seems that most are getting through the first check ok with the odd one having to open their hold luggage. Maybe they have to check so many in a hundred?

I'll let you know how we get on as ours is definitely going in the hold.

Thanks for the answers though. I've heard scary stories of people recommending getting there four hours early. We've asked to be picked up an hour early this year so should be there three hours before we are due to fly.

Offline daveG

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 17:54:46 PM »
Returned to u.k by Monarch onMonday (12th) after 7wks and although FAT advise that you do not need
to confirm (unless cancelling) because of the time spent there we usually do and ask them to confirm time of pick-up.Originally it was 10.20 am and was changed to 10.00am for our 13.20 flight.The journey from ours takes approx 40/45mins and the original tunnel was fully operative,unlike two weeks previous which we had to use over the mountain when we were en-route to Ortaca.
We were not aware of any specific checks on entry at airport  just normal.Like previous postings we did have delays at check in but due to passengers with over-weight hold and cabin bags.
In departure lounge additional checks for cabin luggage including swab tests but as we arrived in plenty of time there was not a queue.
We packed our electrics in hold bags and had a good flight on time back to LBA

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 18:44:41 PM »
Henry Worthington doesn't say he had to take them out if his hold luggage. He said he had to show them before packing them in his hold luggage.

It seems that most are getting through the first check ok with the odd one having to open their hold luggage. Maybe they have to check so many in a hundred?

I'll let you know how we get on as ours is definitely going in the hold.

Thanks for the answers though. I've heard scary stories of people recommending getting there four hours early. We've asked to be picked up an hour early this year so should be there three hours before we are due to fly.

Yes, Henry showed them, as we did and then put them in his hold luggage.  He and us decided not to take a chance putting them in our hold luggage.

We were told by Fethiye Lovers we needed to get to the Airport 3 hours before the flight, we made it 4 hours before, as said we sailed in with about 4 people.  However, when Easyjet opened the check-in desks 3 hours before the flight we got in the queue with about 10 people in front of us, after 10 minutes the queues were going back as far as we could see as all the coaches where arriving.  When we check-in,  the queues where so long and when we looked at the entrance there where queues going right out each side of the entrance.  Glad we decided to go early and avoid the coaches, who are arriving 3 hours before the flights now.  We just went up to the lounge and relaxed.

Offline tamd

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »
In hold or out???  Heard so many dos and donts. Anyone travelled back in the last few days who could give an update please

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf