Author Topic: Has anyone ever rented?  (Read 5380 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Re: Has anyone ever rented?
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 20:12:44 PM »
Renting sounds like a minefield.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 01:10:20 AM »
Gawd Suzie, I knew I'd heard about electric bills, forgot it was you. Is that still on going? I'm starting to think better the devil you know,and staying put for another year. It seems the easier option at the minute.
Best dust off my electric blanket and thermals,here we go again. 

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 07:45:37 AM »
You will need leccy blanket and thermals wherever you go Bernie! I have a calor gas in my lounge during the winter and curtain it off to a smaller space, i am careful and use a bottle per month, about £20, so I could go a bit mad, be a bit warmer and use 2 bottles, still a hell of a lot less than what I was spending in the uk. I have tried electric heaters, log fires, and a soba once (never again) and I quite like my cosy gas fire. I am getting used to the winters now, not saying I enjoy them, but with my 5th one coming up I have learned to accept its the way it is, and just adapt   :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 13:57:52 PM »
Have a look on Sahibinden.com, they are supposed to be "from the owner" but most are handled by estate agents. Susie is correct in saying you usually pay 3 months rent to start, 1 month rent, 1 month security deposit and 1 month emlak fee. Yes the rent does increase 10% per year. You could try Palmiye Estates on the way to Calis, we rented through them for the last 3 years we were there, Ozzy (if he's still there) speaks good English. They used to have quite a few in the areas between Fet and Calis. We were lucky that our landlord was a decent bloke. Good luck with your search.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf