Author Topic: First Reported Fine for Non-Registered Rental in Calis - 20,000TL  (Read 14531 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: First Reported Fine for Non-Registered Rental in Calis - 20,000TL
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 14:47:34 PM »
It certainly makes it more difficult but owners should be registered with the tax office anyway if they are renting out - and registering with the police is a far easier process than that. Then let your property management co look after everything.

The bigger nail coming towards the coffin will be the Daily Mail stories of innocent Brits being slung out by Turkish police. That will put many off holidaying in Turkey, even those considering a hotel.

That's OK but if you only let family stay then it's a lot of work for the owner... and yes I agree that if and when the press get hold of these stories then it will be yet another, bigger nail in the coffin.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 14:59:15 PM »
Yet I can still find info like this dated this month on google:

http://www.oceanwideproperties.co.uk/faqs-renting-property-turkey/

Answering the question about letting family and friends stay for free:

"No. Only paying guests need to be declared. Owners letting friends and family stay for holidays for free do not need to form a business, inform authorities or be part of the system."

"These procedures apply to those renting their property on a short term basis to paying guests only (e.g. holidaymakers). In short, you have three options; use an agent (the easiest and most straightforward way), set up a limited company or, if you have Turkish citizenship or a work permit, operate under a B&B license."

Offline scorcher

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 17:07:48 PM »
Mrs Scorcher here - when we renewed our Intasure insurance we had an email from them alerting us to the new regulations.  I also had a call from Owners Direct this week asking me when we were going to resurrect our advert - we suspended all advertising this year because of not dealing with the new regs.  Owners Direct said to me that we could not start advertising again until we were legally registered.  we are about to do this through property4saleturkey.com who have been hugely helpful and made things very clear for us.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 17:26:52 PM »
Thanks Mrs Scorcher - how will Owners Direct know you have registered? Have they asked you to show them a document or anything?

Offline scorcher

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 17:41:40 PM »
well they didn't say anything like that - and it's a moot point.  I guess they won't want the responsibility. I will have that conversation with them when we resurrect our advert.   In any case the process is that we will effectively sublet our property to property4saleturkey.com, they take it under their wing and register it for us, thus avoiding any need for us to set up a company.  they handle the tax, KDV etc.  We do the ads, collect the rents, provide them with lists/details of renters and rents etc.

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 18:39:19 PM »

"No. Only paying guests need to be declared. Owners letting friends and family stay for holidays for free do not need to form a business, inform authorities or be part of the system."

Still doesn't answer, as in our case, how we're meant to prove that Sian's true aunt is staying without a rental being charged. Especially, due to marriages and re-marriages, she is four surnames away from ours.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 19:58:02 PM »

Still doesn't answer, as in our case, how we're meant to prove that Sian's true aunt is staying without a rental being charged. Especially, due to marriages and re-marriages, she is four surnames away from ours.

She would come under friends then surely?

The hard part is proving she doesn't pay. How do you provide proof of no income from a person staying in your home? Impossible.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 20:54:50 PM »
Back to what to ask an owner for evidence of. Thanks to Inspector and Cenk from Interturk for their advice.

1. Tax Registration - called VERGI LEVHASI - they need one, it will have those words and look something like this

2. There is no form or similar from the police to confirm registration. Owners can take a screenshot of the completed registration and I have asked if an example would be possible to post here.

But the taxman will also have you thrown out if they find you renting a property that the owner hasn't registered so ensure you see the Vergi Levhasi or don't book.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 23:08:24 PM »
Many thanks to Cenk again - below is an example with English translations

Name of Property can be whatever the owners call the villa/apartment

Type of business should read exactly as the example.

No form, no  book  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf