Author Topic: Uber's licence to operate in London is revoked.  (Read 4700 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Uber's licence to operate in London is revoked.
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:12:31 PM »

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Uber's licence to operate in London is revoked.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 14:57:15 PM »
That will suit the black cabbies  :)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 20:29:27 PM »
Best news for me in a long time, I welcome legal competition but when you don't play by the rules expect to be bitten on the a$$!

Hope the appeal fails too, cue the bleating (as quoted by Uber themselves) 40,000 drivers, really?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »
The worrying thing is the number of people saying they will risk walking home after a night out as black cabs too dear and night trains etc insufficient.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline madmart

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 15:47:04 PM »
When I'm travelling into London on Sunday mornings to go to work, the number of empty Uber vehicles being driven dangerously is unbelievable. They all have the circular sticker or TfL logo sticker on them so they are easily identified for those wondering.

Quite frankly TfL are also at fault as they should have left the Public Carriage Office under the control of the Met Police where taxi's and minicabs used to be regulated from.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »
Seems it's a left wing union led ruling. Shock horror - the Black Cab union (GMB) bankrolled the mayor's campaign!

Much more of this type of thing to come if Corbyn and his union cronies get in power.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 13:14:46 PM »
Better to have Tory free enterprise - profit before safety and fairness.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 22:34:34 PM »
Ha ha you're so funny stoop. I just popped back to your FB page where you posted the link about Uber losing its contract with your own little introduction in support of the decision and how you would rather support local taxi businesses. I see you have removed said introduction since you realised you could use this to try and Corbyn, Khan and union bash instead  ;D ;D ;D Of course you don't mention the Government Minister for London when assuming misplaced outrage...

As you very well know the decision was made by the Tfl and Uber have only themselves to blame for their poor employment practices to name but one of their crimes and the fact that they don't offer proper contracts which means that the drivers don't pay VAT because the majority of their drivers actually earn so little they don't need to and they operate at an advantage to those taxi services including Black Cabs that ARE properly regulated and DO pay their taxes.

Aren't people in the UK fed up with these companies reaping profits but not paying their fair share of taxes.

Did you know that of 34 million people in work in the UK 19 million people earn so little they don't pay any taxes at all and these private employers that pay so little have their wages bill subsidised by the taxpayer in the form of tax credits to workers so they can scrape by and that this costs £billions EVERY year, year in year out. Good riddance to Uber if that's how they want to operate.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 22:43:02 PM »
Ha ha you're so funny stoop. I just popped back to your FB page where you posted the link about Uber losing its contract with your own little introduction in support of the decision and how you would rather support local taxi businesses. I see you have removed said introduction since you realised you could use this to try and Corbyn, Khan and union bash instead 

:D Politically, that's Stoop to a tee :D

100 posts slating Labour and Corbyn, 0 sharing anything positive about May or the Tories

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 22:39:44 PM »
Ha ha you're so funny stoop. I just popped back to your FB page where you posted the link about Uber losing its contract with your own little introduction in support of the decision and how you would rather support local taxi businesses. I see you have removed said introduction since you realised you could use this to try and Corbyn, Khan and union bash instead  ;D ;D ;D Of course you don't mention the Government Minister for London when assuming misplaced outrage...

As you very well know the decision was made by the Tfl and Uber have only themselves to blame for their poor employment practices to name but one of their crimes and the fact that they don't offer proper contracts which means that the drivers don't pay VAT because the majority of their drivers actually earn so little they don't need to and they operate at an advantage to those taxi services including Black Cabs that ARE properly regulated and DO pay their taxes.

Aren't people in the UK fed up with these companies reaping profits but not paying their fair share of taxes.

Did you know that of 34 million people in work in the UK 19 million people earn so little they don't pay any taxes at all and these private employers that pay so little have their wages bill subsidised by the taxpayer in the form of tax credits to workers so they can scrape by and that this costs £billions EVERY year, year in year out. Good riddance to Uber if that's how they want to operate.

Yes I did remove that intro once I did some research and realised what a politically motivated move the ban is.

I have always supported York's local taxi firms against the likes of Uber and would be very pleased if they were made to play in a level field.. However that doesn't mean I agree with the way the ban has been implemented.

You keep believing what your momentum friends keep spouting. Nothing I say will change your views nor you mine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf