Author Topic: Reccomendation..LOOK at the picture..  (Read 5627 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Reccomendation..LOOK at the picture..
« on: October 07, 2017, 19:35:00 PM »

When you put your head in your hands n cry cos you ripped the carpet off your hall,stairs n 3 other rooms in your new apartment that has stood empty for a couple of years and all the floors looked like the picture on the left,covered in carpet glue that won't budge ...what do you do..call Pearl Bulent and her team of course..
Index... 0536 8600 645..oh my, I can't believe how hard they worked, the place is like a new pin. Not a bit of glue,a speck of dust left. All done with a smile too..For any cleaning work,big or small, all around fethiye and surrounding areas Phone Pearl at Index... 0536 8600 645 and not silly prices either. Thanks ladies I owe you Big Time x

They work all over Fethiye and surrounding, Index properties..Im really grateful to them.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Reccomendation..LOOK at the picture..
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 19:53:03 PM »
Who puts carpets down in a hot country?

I can honestly say that's a first for me, finding out someone has carpeted over marble. Or is this a common practice amongst certain types of ex pats?

JF

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 20:05:39 PM »
Looks fantastic now Bernie. I'm with John on this, who the hell would carpet over that?!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 20:20:09 PM »
Agree with John, who in their right mind would cover beautiful marble stairs with carpet in Turkey?

What a finished article though - that would have hurt bringing the stairs back to the pristine condition as seen in pic 2. Well deserved praise for those who achieved that  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 20:48:33 PM »
I suppose that, until you've lived there in winter, you wouldn't appreciate the benefit of covering marble with carpet.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 20:51:03 PM »
I have

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 20:59:11 PM »
It was Turkish, not English!! Not expats..
These girls worked their fingers to the bone, tried all sorts of things to get it off, thinners, mayonaise..(yes really) cocacola, heat and scrubbed, n scraped. They never once were peed off with doing the work, only that the soddin stuff wouldnt budge, and they were determined to get it back to to its original state. There was diesel all over the balcony from were I had the old central heating boiler removed, the bathrooms, toilets were truly awful and they really tried hard to get the whole place ready for me to move into. They took curtains down, rehung them, cleaned windows, did every light fitting in the place and there are a fair few. There was also some weird coloured sticky stuff on the attic and kitchen windows, thats like a bad memory now,completely  gone. Such a relief, thought I would be on here crying for help again.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 21:09:25 PM »

Good 'eh..

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 22:30:19 PM »
Forgive me for saying so Bernie, and you will be fully entitled to tell me to mind my own business, but you seem to have to be doing a load of work to your rental property which will benefit the owner.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 23:02:06 PM »
Yes,but I can't live like it H. I like the apartment,where it is, the size and the atmosphere of the place is so nice. Yes I could have gone through an emlak paid a deposit, and a month's rent up front and an admin fee.instead I paid a year's rent, and did the place up a bit. Had it cleaned, couldn't tackle it on my own and in that state.I got the pipes n some taps changed under sinks, I'm on top floor so don't want any floods, New loo seats,replacing 30 light bulbs another nause.changed locks on balcony doors, got the place painted. In return, they don't bother me,I don't bother them. Mustafa,Inspector, has put a clause in rental agreement that I pay for any repair under 200tl. My dread is being in the position susiepinks  was in forced to move. She has had bad landlords that have moved her out for family, tried to blag her over the bills. She is a great tenant too and doesn't deserve all the grief or packing. Hopefully she has found a good place now. So as much as it kills me to part with the money, to be able to sit in my own home in comfort and to be left alone is important to me.
2 salons,4beds,3 bath and a kitchen diner...that's me supposedly downsizing. Fingers crossed I'm moving into my happy place.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf