Author Topic: Turkish Citizenship anyone?  (Read 2278 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Citizenship anyone?
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:44:08 AM »
A year or so ago the Turkish government started an incentive to attract foreign investment by offering citizenship to home buyers who spent $1m or more on a property.  Unfortunately the take up wasn't as high as they had hoped.

In an effort to encourage more foreign investment they are proposing to lower on the investment level, which means if you buy a property worth £210,000 ($300,000) or more and keep it for three years you will be eligible for immediate Turkish citizenship.

The new rule is expected to come in to force in May this year.

Given the current economic and political climate in Turkey, I don't think we'll see queues forming outside Cenks office on the 1st May   :)

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Turkish Citizenship anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:15:52 PM »

I'll wait until August when it drops to  £ 10. per property.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 14:06:43 PM »
Its not a bad incentive actually, it's just the timing is all wrong - but then again, if there wasn't the problems with the economy they wouldn't be dangling this particular carrot in front of potential property purchasers.

Several folks I know, mostly from the UK, jumped through a lot of hoops to get their citizenship. 

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 16:24:50 PM »
I wonder how far they'd be prepared to back-date it ? Our property in Kaya was bought for more than £210,000 in 2004.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf