Author Topic: Lighting Shop  (Read 6000 times)

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Lighting Shop
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 00:13:37 AM »
We also bought some of our lights and fittings from Star, very good service!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Lighting Shop
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 19:33:44 PM »
[:X] does anybody have any experience of using the Turk shoppers, that are recommended to me via Nicholas Homes?  We are in process of buying a 2 bed semi villa on Oaklands in Ovacik.  It is currently kitted out as the show home, fully fitted kitchen, tv, dvd, suite, dining table, coffee and corner tables in pine and all the usual upstairs stuff for the bedrooms (pine in one room, mdf in the other). They want £4k for the lot and I have no idea if this is expensive or not.  I dont mind paying a couple of hundred over the odds as this will save us so much time and hassle shopping and all curtains, poles and lights are fitted for us already and included in the price. However I dont want to be ripped off too much.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Sue

Offline lmaddy

Lighting Shop
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 19:49:56 PM »
Hi Su

If it is good quality stuff then I would say it's probable about right, you might save a few hundred pounds if you did it yourself but quite a bit more hassle - if you still have to buy stuff then it is probably on the expensive side.

You could try haggling them down if you are about to buy the show house they may come down.

Lorraine

Offline Tonya

Lighting Shop
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 20:11:19 PM »
Daz has an apartment on Oaklands and I think he used the Nicholas Homes shoppers, if he sees this maybe he can help.

Offline What

Lighting Shop
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 08:17:29 AM »
Sue mac
You are in a difficult position but you can check some of the prices. For example one of the biggest electrical suppliers is Beko ( it is also known as Arcelik and their shops are side by side in Fethiye) and they have an English lang web site with prices. That may enable you to satisfy yourself that you are getting at least high street prices.
http://www.beko.com.tr/en/urunler.php
I hope that helps

Offline angelabee

Lighting Shop
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 13:00:23 PM »
Suemac

We used one of the Fethiye Shopping Services - they were really good but not sure if they are the same as your one.

Email me if you want any information

Offline doll

Lighting Shop
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 12:40:50 PM »
you could ask them what commision they will get from £4000
this does sound expensive but check the quality
ask if you can talk to other people who have done same thing
for your peace of mind

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Lighting Shop
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 14:21:11 PM »
Hi Sue

We bought our villa (2 bed ) through Nicholas/sunshine properties, and was offered the same service, we declined as seemed too expensive.  After much stress we went to see Pauline at All Aspects ( near forum bar)  Her and Paul took us shopping and it all came to less than £3000 for everything.  They are absolute life savers and would recomend them without hesitation.

Everything was bought and fitted the same day without any problems at all,  If you dont want to go shopping I'm sure they do a shopping service as well

Good Luck

Lesley

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Lighting Shop
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 15:33:50 PM »
We went to a shop that seemed to be used by locals, we stumbled on it by accident. We picked out a light fitting for the kitchen including four bulbs it was £15.00.  The owner had two Electricians round to our place in Calis in 1 hour to fit it, next day we went back and bought a bathroom light, plus bulbs for £9.00 and got the same free fitting service.  Shop is Elsis Eletrick, owner is Ali.  Address Demirel Bul. Fethiye.  When coming in from Calis you get to the roundabout where you would normally turn right to Fethiye, take the third exit on this roundabout,  this is  a road with quite a lot of car sale rooms and, I think, is the Antalya road, the shop is about half a mile down the road on the left hand side.  
Jacqui.

Offline mag

Lighting Shop
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 19:21:14 PM »
Hi Sue Mac

Have just got 3 bed apartment in Oaklands, going out there 3rdOct to kit out.  When we were there last, May, we estimated about £5k for basics, not including tv, but including beds.  Are you getting curtains /lights for this price?  wardrobes seem quite a price in Pine there.  We are also going to go to the lighting shop mentioned as two or three different people have told us about how good it is. Will let you know how we get on with any other purchases, would be nice to keep in touch with prospective neighbours. 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf