Author Topic: Residency Visa Cost  (Read 6466 times)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 06:11:03 AM »
I will be 60 in 6mths, and i don't fancy travelling to Meis every 3mths to renew my visa, so it's easier to let the banks interest pay for it, i also need it for internet, my 21 year old son goes to Meis, if i go it's because i want to go, not because i have to go, never enjoyed being told what i have to do with my spare time, don't intend starting now. Alan

Offline Ivan

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 11:38:44 AM »
I was robbed on calis beach about 6 months ago thief took my bum bag with all things inside inc. residency permit book, i have found out that to renew the book will cost half, of the original so because i had a 5 year residency the cost is about 1100 YTL so i am assuming that if i only had a 1 year res. the cost would be half ie: about 250 YTL same book just more years, think i will wait until old one runs out any ideas ?
IVAN.

Offline victoria

Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 15:49:56 PM »
I now have 5 years residency, well will have in March 2008. Can anyone tell me their experiences of attempting to get citizenship, what it entails and what the requrements are etc?? I understand that you must not have had a break in your residency and that once you have citizenship you pay nothing anually. Is that the case?? also can I keep my British citizenship. I know Germans cannot do this but think we brits can

Offline starman

Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 17:33:48 PM »
you can keep your British citizenship but you will lose the protection of the foreign office once you become a TC. ie if you are in any kind of trouble they will not help you as they will see you as a Turk in Turkey. had the experience with my wife as she has both and I had to do it myself in the end as I wont take TC for obvious reasons.
You also better be good in Turkish as you will be interviewed by a panel on how good your Turkish is and the latest I heard is you have to know the words to the national anthem but not sure on how much truth there is behind that.

Offline victoria

Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 09:11:28 AM »
thanks thats helpful. Ive heard there are ways and means of passing the test, usual stuff!! My turkish is intermediate and I would def struggle with the national anthem. Whilst Im on does anyone know anything about becoming domiciled in Turkey with Inland Revenue?? Its hard to find out much but I def qualify for non uk domicile and have heard there are advantages for eg: I wont be taxed when I work temp in the UK, any inheritance from uk wont be taxed. There must be some disadvantages tho, for eg: would any inhertitance from UK be therefore taxable when brought into Turkey. Any info would be appreciated, Ive looked at various websites but not clear. Maybe Ill have to bite the bullet and visit an IR office when Im in the UK next month.

Offline Linda1953

Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 13:35:50 PM »
Now 530 ytl for one year.

Offline starman

Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 15:41:28 PM »
558 ytl actually and 81 lira for the book.
for Germans, Italians, Austrians and Japanese it is 32 USD
675 USD for people from Holland and Saudi.
Goto the bottom of the page in the below link. a full year is classed as 13th month.
http://yabancilar.iem.gov.tr/ikamet.html

Offline victoria

Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »
Sorry I dont understand!! whats the 530 ytl for, is that residency?? I asked about citizenship. If thats the fee for citizenship I thought it was a one off payment forever NOT anually and whats the book for that you mention. Confused......

Offline Linda1953

Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 16:12:29 PM »
bloody hell starman are you at it again! : :)well thats what the police told me at the passport office and I dont think I miss heard however unless that was the old price they were quoting and as I havent got one how would I know? :D ok Mr Know it all how much do you have to have in your bank account to show you can live for 1 year in Turkey? The minimum?[?]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 16:15:26 PM by Linda1953 »

Offline starman

Residency Visa Cost
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 07:37:05 AM »
3600 USD or 300 USD per month.

I didnt make up the prices, the prices are there quite clearly stated on the website unless you are suggesting they are made up too by the Police.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf