Author Topic: Mosquito Screens  (Read 2498 times)

Offline iankirk

• Mossley, UK
Mosquito Screens
« on: February 08, 2006, 22:46:06 PM »
Anyone looking to have Mosquito screens fitted, I would recommend a company called Deniz Pen. Speak to Osman Yilmaz, his phone number is 0252 612 97 62. He came and took measurements and gave me a quote. We agreed a price and he came and fitted screen to all windows and doors three days later. Excellent job. I'll get an email address for him and post it on here.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Mosquito Screens
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 14:29:50 PM »
Can you give an indication of prices[?].....I know it will all depend on sizes but a rough idea will be useful. Also were they magnetic or clip on types[?]  :)

Offline iankirk

• Mossley, UK
Mosquito Screens
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 22:12:12 PM »
Our house is on Lissa Links. We have three sliding patio doors, two ordinary doors, a kitchen window and two bathroom windows in total. The screens which are a fine mesh in PVC frame are fitted to the outside of the property for the patio doors and are of the slide type, similar to the patio doors themselves. The sliding screen seals against the door frame to stop the blighters getting in through any gaps. The two ordinary doors on the top floor balconies open outwards threrefore the screens are fitted on the inside of the door frame opening inwards. The kitchen window and one of the bathroom windows have the screens fitted on the outside and are fixed i.e. they do not open. These windows open inwards so the outside of the glass can be readily cleaned. The second bathroom window is round (like a porthole) so we have not has this one done yet. I am considering fitting a mesh on the inside for easy access but have not yet fully decided. In total, cost me about £240 fitted. The fine mesh can easily be replaced should it get damaged which is a possibility I'm afraid. The mesh is very fine and not easy to see with the result we nearly walked through it on a couple of occaisions. I intend to make a stencil and use it to paint a pattern of some description on the screen to make it more obvious. I believe they will 'eventually' pay for themselves as we prefer to have the windows / doors open rather than having the a/c on, especially at night. Hope this helps.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Mosquito Screens
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 22:19:54 PM »
Thanks for that information, much appreciated. :)

Offline ozel

Mosquito Screens
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 16:10:37 PM »
Hi Ian, I will be needing mosquito nets this year for windows do you think your man is good enough to do the job? And is he expensive? as I will need about 7 windows to be done!!! The only problem we have is my flat has the security metal frames on the doors and windows, do you think this will be a problem?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Mosquito Screens
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 19:08:19 PM »
I think he may be a tad more expensive than he was 12 months ago.

Crabbit.  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf