Author Topic: New roof and roof terrace  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Glenys

New roof and roof terrace
« on: April 18, 2006, 20:17:03 PM »
Due to badly leaking roof we have decided to have a completely new roof.  At the same time we thought we would take the opportunity to have a roof terrace and a roof room built.
Does anybody know whether or not planning permission would be required for this type of work and also does anybody know of any builders who would be able to carry out this work.  We would be grateful for any suggestions.  Many thanks.

Offline apollo

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 21:27:11 PM »
Somebody on here, I am sure, will give you the correct facts. I am lead to believe that most roof terraces are incorporated or added after the authority gives "living permission" and are therefore illegal.

Offline Alan Keating

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 14:45:40 PM »
You must obtain planning permission to do any new build; should you decide to do it anyway, you run the risk of a fine as minimum, plus putting everything back as it was.
With local elections coming, it is generally thought to be the best time to apply for this type of works.
We are going through this process for our complex. I hope it helps  8)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 14:46:30 PM by Alan Keating »

Offline Glenys

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 11:58:44 AM »
Thanks a lot for your replies which we will find really useful.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:09:08 AM »
speak to the planning dept in the beliydeye office, take a copy of your tapu, pluss a drawing and maybe a photo of where you are planning to alter and listen to thier advice as they are the one who will take you to court for building offences, speaking from 1st hand experiance here!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf