Author Topic: Turkish in Manchester.  (Read 9367 times)

Offline Kafkaf

Turkish in Manchester.
« on: May 11, 2006, 16:38:40 PM »
Hello everyone! I am Kafkaf and I am a new member of this family.
I have been highly advised by one one my student.Currently living in Manchester and waiting for your messages.Thanks :)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 17:03:09 PM »
KafKaf -  I am that student!!!

Someone may say you should have gone to the Introduction section first but I will do that for you.

Firstly, it is nice to see you took my advice - this is a great source of information and potential friendships!!

I don't think you can say it - but I will say - you are an excellent Turkish Teacher - running lessons in Bolton and Stockport.
I go to the Bolton lessons and I know you will hate me for saying this - but they are very reasonably priced as they are run by a Community Centre. (for 2005/6 I paid about £120 for 30 lessons!!!)
All your students want to enrol for next year.

I will also embarrass you by saying: "You are so committed to your profession - 1) You won't let us leave at 8.30pm on a Tuesday Evening because we haven't finished your exercises 2) You give us Turkish DVD's to watch in our own time and 3) You very kindly "translated" my 4-page Business Plan for Erdal the owner of my local Lokanta in Fethiye which I will be presenting to him on Saturday!!!! - thank you again.

You have a degree in English Language and English literature that you obtained in Turkey - you are from Izmir and you want to eventually Head up the Turkish Language school at a North West University!

I wish more Teachers in the UK had your energy and standards - and finally to hear a native Turk say  "to be or not to be" and quote some of our other literary icons with quotes I can never seem to remember - and you learnt this in Turkish is amazing!

See you in 2-weeks and I promise I will try to do my homework!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 17:07:32 PM by Ian »

Offline Kafkaf

Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 17:37:09 PM »
Hello Ian !
You are not just the most intelligent student of my Turkish class, you are great too.Of course I took your advise.I am honoured and I was thinking if I do really deserve these.I can not not thank you enough. Hope you will have a good time in Turkey.Please try to communicate in Turkish especially with the phrases I thought.Remember  to say "Bende ne para ne de pul yok" and the new one.Hope you will not forget your homework.And lastly,say hi to your friend from me.All the best.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 19:23:12 PM by Kafkaf »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 18:07:18 PM »
hi katkaf and welcome to the forum

Offline Kafkaf

Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 19:07:25 PM »
Hi and Thanks for the welcome Puma.

Offline Fran

Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 19:11:37 PM »
Hello Kafkaf welcome to the forum, I wish we could get Turkish lessons on the Wirral, yours sound really good

Offline Kafkaf

Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 19:14:34 PM »
Hi Fran,
Sorry but at the moment I can only cover Bolton and Greater Mnachester area.I can suggest a good course book though, if you are interested!

Offline Fran

Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 19:21:44 PM »
Yes please
Fran

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 19:27:41 PM »
Hi Kafkaf - I'm from Bolton and didn't know you were teaching here. Can you give me details please

Thanks  Janet

Offline Kafkaf

Turkish in Manchester.
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 19:34:59 PM »
It is called HITIT from Tomer,Ankara University,Turkey.
It is a three level course book and it comes with student book, work book,glossary and two casettes with each level.
You can get this book from TOMER centres all around Turkey.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf