Author Topic: Saklikent  (Read 5057 times)

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
Saklikent
« on: July 06, 2006, 23:54:54 PM »
We love to go to Saklikent and have been on coach trip there. Last year we decided to go by Dolmus, but made the mistake of getting on the organised trip via the driver's sisters house for refreshments, Tlos and Yaka Park and home via a textile establishment... a clothes shop. This year we got it right and went on an ordinary Dolmus. What a result..it took just over an hour. We had as long as we wanted at the Gorge and didn't miss the mandatory 'carpet factory' visit.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Saklikent
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 10:12:38 AM »
pashka which bus station do you go too

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
Saklikent
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 15:58:41 PM »
You catch the Dolmus by the big Mosque, just below the Olu Deniz stop, before the right hand turn to the Fethiye bus station. Hope that makes sense,

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
Saklikent
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 16:00:36 PM »
You catch the Dolmus by the big Mosque, just below the Olu Deniz stop, before the right hand turn to the Fethiye bus station. Hope that makes sense. I should have said we missed the carpet factory.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Saklikent
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 16:03:20 PM »
yes it does thanks

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Saklikent
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 16:07:28 PM »
Last year we went twice.  Once with a 'tour' and the second we hired a car.  the 2nd trip was the best because it enabled us to leave our valuables in the car boot and then, after getting very wet, got changed!  This meant that we could take food and drinks and arrive and leave when we wanted.  Not sure how much the dolmus is but there was 4 of us and the car cost £23 for the day so well worth it.  (we had the car for more than 1 day, but that's what it cost per day - I'm waffling!  Sorry)

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
Saklikent
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 16:21:04 PM »
Forgot to mention Dolmus leaves Fethiye every 20 mins. Fare is 5 ytl each way. Last Dolmus from Saklikent is 20.00

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Saklikent
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 16:52:10 PM »

We went on the tourist dolmus last year and although we had a lovely day I think I would go on the local dolmus next time as we really didn't want to go to Tlos and Yakapark (which is for sale by the way!) We had a fab afternoon just sitting in the chillout area having a lovely meal and a couple of drinks, next to the water with hundreds of butterflies flitting about.

Offline KayteeLouise

Saklikent
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 21:14:26 PM »
Any one been saklikent winter?

Offline LoubyLou

Saklikent
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 05:41:57 AM »
Yes - we have. It was lovely. But nothing was open - not even a cafe. But we had a nice walk down the river (not into the gorge, collected some bits of lovely driftwood and stopped off at one of the roadside places just before Sakkikent ont he way back (there were a few of those still open)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf