Author Topic: 12 Islands from Fethiye  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Trevor of Nottingham

« on: August 23, 2006, 08:44:33 AM »
We had a nice day out with our friends on the 12 island tour from Fethiye, even though the food was cold and not the best we have had on a boat tour, and very little English was used to descibe the locations and history etc, (although when being sold the trip the English was brilliant).

When returning to Calis for our holidays we would make sure to book any excursions with Sunshine tours (12 islands wasn't), they do make the effort to ensure you get some good back ground information.

On the Prenses Serap they get a bit upset with any negative comments,so if you do book with them make sure you take your leaflet to follow the tour, and don't sit near the back of the boat because the food will not be warm as at the front!! (Not my explanation, the owners)

But the 12 islands is a great day to chill out with some great sights.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
12 Islands from Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 09:55:43 AM »
I do the 12 Islands every time I come over. It never gets boring for me. I usually wait until the day of the trip before I book it. Earlier this year me, Dad and my daughter took a stroll down to the harbour at around 9.30 on the morning of these 12 Island trips and we pain £15 for the 3 where as I think the going rate is £8 each. The food is always basic on these trips but taste just fine. I must I don't like the banging music they sometimes play on the way back.. but hey you can't have everything.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 09:56:48 AM by Steve B »

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:52:01 AM »
Bartering is also possible. My wife was told that for a bottle of Scotch the next time we go out they would let the 5 of us go on a trip.

Offline jwood

• Nottingham, UK
12 Islands from Fethiye
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »
We did the 12 island tour with Carole & Tayfun's and it was great (food was hot also)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
12 Islands from Fethiye
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 17:43:09 PM »
Is that SIR Trevor of Nottingham,?
     If you are looking for the best value boat trip, ( in my ever so humble opinion ), you will never do better than to book with "Jerry's Boat ",£10 or equivalent, Fantastic food, & a different selection of bays visited. Also included, fishing rods, bait, fins, snorkels. Go on, you owe it to yourselves!!!!
By the way, this is a smaller boat, so best to organise a private party, tho' not mandatory.
Gordon.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
12 Islands from Fethiye
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 17:50:56 PM »
We went on Carole & Tayfun's in early August.

When I booked it Tayfun told me he would not let the boat get too crowded - no more than 40 on a very big boat - I was a little sceptical. We paid £7.50 as we didn't require a transfer.

On the day as we moved away from the harbour - Tayfun shouted to me:

"Hey Ian how many are on board - I think you will find it is 32 including your party of 4" - had a fantastic day - boat clean - food good - drinks reasonable - all in all one to do again!

Ian

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
12 Islands from Fethiye
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 19:16:51 PM »
The weather is so hot at the moment the boats are all going out chockfull.  mainly to escape the heat.  we went on the boat last week and I try to do at least one boat trip a week and I have never seen so many people in the 3 summers of going on them.  

Jerrys boat is still a winner!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf