Author Topic: An experience of living in Turkey  (Read 7422 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
An experience of living in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 07:43:27 AM »
She may get work ILLEGALLY and if caught she would be deported and never allowed back. She may also never get paid for the work she has done and cannot do a thing about it as she is an illegal, I have heard of two instances of this.  If necessary burn her passport!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 07:53:33 AM »
Unfortunately these days 16 year olds are more adventurous.  What I would say is if she feels so strongly about going it is up to her to find her way.  It is not up to you to support her.
I would suggest she needs a job to buy a ticket out there and make it an open return so if things go wrong she has a way home.
She will also need a job before she gets there, then she will have to apply for a permit.  Unless she gets a job with a travel company which doesn't pay well and will probably be all hours.  However she would have support from other reps.
Only you know if she is mature enough to be able to cope with the situation.
If all else fails get her on the pill and give her information about STDs as they are rife in the resorts.

Offline booo

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 07:57:18 AM »
A girl that age would totally be taken advantage of, have also heard of cases where people don't get paid etc aswell as potentially more dangerous situations.
It is a massive step moving overseas perhaps when she is 18 could try for holiday repping then at least there will be some sort of a support system here for her if she needs it.
Getting a job is a lot harder than it looks, can't work in bars, restaurants etc and there is a lot of competition for other jobs and they would definitely go for someone with work experience rather than a young girl.

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 09:24:37 AM »

Most reputable tour operators won't employ people under 19. The bottom line is that she won't get work, unless as tribalelder says, she works illegally and just think of all the pitfalls of that! She is simply too young at 16, she thinks she can manage out in the world but you know she cannot, please for her sake put your foot down.

Offline Jenny

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 09:31:59 AM »
Let me guess - she visited once and was swept off her feet by a Turkish lad - thats all very good for a week or 2 but he won't want her for a year! think of all the other girls he will be missing out on!
If I was a Mum id definately say no - how would any responsible parent even consider letting their 16/17 year old daughter move to Calis or anywhere abroad by themself its obsurd! Calis really isnt as safe as people think it is - certainly not the place for a young girl on her own.

Jenny.x.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 09:34:04 AM by Jenny »

Offline sarah_loves_calis

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 10:42:28 AM »
I was so stupid to even think it would work out for her, i can't believe my stupidity at times. After reading all of your comments she will NOT and definatly NOT be living in calis until at LEAST the age of 18 even then i will look into it more. Thanks to everyone Sarah.

Offline Mia

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 11:26:46 AM »
Hi sarah,

Im so glad you have had a rethink on this and that you came here and got advice.

People are right in saying that your daughter could work illegally but i am more than sure she would never see any money out of her employer.

If she loves Calis so much then take her back for a supervised holiday and watch her carefully.

Mia.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 11:54:28 AM »
glad you got the message sarah!!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 12:56:51 PM »
Another sucess for Forum POWER! :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 13:51:37 PM »
What difference will it make at 18? She will still be looked upon as "TURKEY FODDER",I agree with others, 2 weeks holiday is nice, but the reality is that most of the Turkish lads are only after a "good time"!& when one girl returns to her home country, they are waiting for the next lot to arrive!!
Gordon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf