Author Topic: Turkish Banks  (Read 5210 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Turkish Banks
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 08:58:58 AM »
Hi -  We are with Koc bank and have had more errors in transactions than my husband has had pints of guinness  (well, almost).  There are always queues and the staff have little english, so when you wish to discuss the errors that appear on the account, we struggle to understand.  We have been thinking of changing too, Finans sounds ideal.  Thank you.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Turkish Banks
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »
We have 3 accounts at Garanti with full internet access from home. If you avoid Mondays and maybe Tuesdays there are no queues and we have had no language difficulties. We also got a good deal for our insurance.
Ken & Sue
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 12:37:06 PM by kenkay »

Offline bobatheathton

Turkish Banks
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 00:05:13 AM »
Hi we are due to move to Turkey in May and here so many stories regarding the banks ,such as if you don't take your interest out on a certain day you lose it and you can only have a certain amount of money in an account that is guaranteed to be paid back should the bank collapse.
Does anyone know the truth,can anyone shed any light on the situation,
All comments appreciated.
Bob & Angela

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 08:43:26 AM »
Not true.........You have (with a monthly account) a specific date to carry out transactions,deposit withdraw etc or move from a daily account to a monthly account. You will not lose interest but if you do not take advantage of your date you will not enjoy the possible higher interest you may have got in a higher interest account until the next transaction date. A daily account has no such restrictions but has a much lower rate of interest.
Turkey's main banks are no different to UK banks in that only a certain %age is bonded. :)

Offline The Crinklies

Turkish Banks
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 09:06:52 AM »
We can recomend Teb, they have cashiers who are english speaking and very helpful, also Cagri who is on the first floor who will arrange anything bank related for you.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Turkish Banks
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 12:03:31 PM »
Koc Bank are much better than Finnans - at least they will give you tyyour money when you want to withdraw it which is quite an important quality indicator!

Offline cenk

Turkish Banks
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »
I tried many banks and all of them made me mad . I am working with Finansbank now and feel much more comfortable than the others.
Nearly all staff can speak English and they are very helpful , especially Ayse.
Cenk

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Turkish Banks
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 13:17:17 PM »
Ayse is a total star. It still amazes us that she always recognises us & calls us by name even though our 1st & 2nd visits to her were 6 months apart. We've only been into Finansbank about 9 or 10 times in the last 3.5 years yet she still remembers our names & was quite concerned when I went in one day without Carl as he was trying to find a parking space.

We've sat at her desk a few times & she's been busy chatting away for a few short minutes yet in that time she's ordered tea for us, updated all our books, made a note of all the electricity payments for the last year, refound our tax numbers for us & asked the cashier opposite to get our withdrawel ready. Then she looks up & smiles when we ask if she'd also do .....whatever & she says I've already seen to that!

Of course we expect the same efficiency from Barclays, Lloyds here but unfortunately they're not quite in the same league. Can you imagine being offered tea or coffee here, often a smile is out of the question too?

DON'T go to Finansbank - we want to keep Ayse our little secret. Can't have any Tom Dick & Harriet getting the platinum treatment too.

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Turkish Banks
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 05:55:45 AM »
Linda, we also use Finans and have found the same as you, that Ayse is a real star. She does absolutely everything with just one visit to her upstairs. There is also another lady in the same area as Ayse who also speaks good English but we don't know her name yet.
Pete

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 08:04:57 AM »
Probably Gozde Derin. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf