Author Topic: when i sell up, sending money over  (Read 4341 times)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
when i sell up, sending money over
« on: March 16, 2007, 23:56:56 PM »
when i sell my house, do i have to have my bank details, or can i bring a bank draft and put it into my own bank or do i have to send it to the bank. Alan

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 06:36:38 AM »
It's better if you have details of your Turkish bank to hand. That way you can arrange transfer directly by SWIFT.

If you bring a bank draft there's still the possibility that it could take several days or even weeks to clear into your account.

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:53:25 AM »
Depends on who you bank with. :)  For the Nat West I had to fill in a form (original that I got from the NAT WEST before I came here):D with my Turkish bank details SWIFT and send that original form back to a named person at the bank by UPS before they would transfer a penny over.(that cost me 55 lira).  They would not accept a faxed form they wanted the original back on their desks. As soon as they got the form they then telephoned me and asked me the relevant security questions. Only then did they transfer my money over within 24 hours.:D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 09:54:35 AM by Linda1953 »

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
I'd agree with KKOB.If you are sending the money directly from the UK its very simple. We sent it through Natwest SWIFT, you have a choice of 4 days or two days, with the latter being a little more expensive. I think it cost us about £25 or so and the money arrived in the Turkish bank account with no problems whatsoever.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »
It's just jhat my bank details are in calis, i thought i'd brought them with me but i wasn't plannin on selling the house, but things have gone haywire so i sold it to the next door neighbour for a quick sale, just to leave, so it means i have to fly back for my bank details. Alan

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 15:07:36 PM »
Alan. Have you tried phoning your bank here.If you explain what you are trying to do and that you have an account with them they may open a temporary account for you or even give you your existing details etc. Dont forget to ask for their Swift code number.

WW

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 15:21:43 PM »
Alan
We set it up with Nationwide here before we went over, filling in all the necessary paperwork. They gave us details to take to Finansbank & then all it took was for Ayse to fax them whatever they had asked for from Nationwide, a very quick telephone call from us to our Nationwide branch (they gave us the direct number- make sure you have that!) & it was received & in our Finansbank account the next day.
lloyds & Barclays said it couldn't be done, maybe 1 of them said 3 weeks, was so long ago now? But no probs with Nationwide.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 19:27:04 PM »
Well you can put it in my cousin's bank if you want to ! Trust me!

Offline busybee

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 14:48:52 PM »
Just out of curiosity  what happens if you sell up in Turkey and want to go back to UK.  NO PLANS TO DO THIS.  How do you go about getting your money out of Turkey do you have to pay loads to get it transferred from a Turkish bank to a UK bank??

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 15:09:00 PM »
I don't know how much it would cost to transfer, but if all your money is in Turkish lira you could stand to lose quite a bit transferring it back to sterling!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf