Author Topic: Deliktas  (Read 15604 times)

Offline thebillet

Deliktas
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 17:49:32 PM »
Not so much the "Day of the Jackal" more the "Night of the Jackal"
bomm boom!

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 17:55:51 PM »
Hi Mandy. They are timid and more likely to run that bite. They are the Middle East/ Eastern European version of the American cayote. A friend told me that when driving over the hills to Dalaman late at night you often see them on the hillside. I have never seen before or since.

Offline amanda bullock

Deliktas
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 22:04:47 PM »
I'll be looking for a pair of eyes everywhere now!Going to bed in a minute as well.
Amanda B

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Deliktas
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 22:54:51 PM »
OMG - Jackals in the hills! how funny!  So glad that they are timid!  Thought it was just jumping spiders and turtles we had there.  I have not been on for a few days so just read through all the postings.   Thanks Miaspyro for the update on the roads.   Seems my info source was not too good then eh?  By the way - thanks Doug for the picture.  it was really interesting.   Steve is not too impressed with the municiple houses.  They are almost right outside our kitchen window - and very close to our place full stop.  We are really upset at the amount of building work going on.  When we bought there - there was very little - and now .........  I was looking at some early photos - and it was lovely then!!!!  But I suppose it is something we have to accept eh?  Still - cannot wait to get over there now - 6 weeks and counting!

Offline amanda bullock

Deliktas
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »
hey Carole,jumping spiders?this just gets better and better.Out there in 4 weeks so .........HA
Amanda B

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Deliktas
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 18:25:01 PM »
Yep - afraid so!  Our daughter was out in Antalya the year before last working for a huge tour operator as a rep.  The one night I was on the phone to her - it was 11.30pm here - 1.30am there.  She kept me on the phone for over an hour as this jumping spider was on the porch where she lived!  Amd she would not move for it!!!  apparently it sat staring her out for a while! hahahahha We had already been on the phone for an hour - needed another mortgage for the phone bill when it arrived - even though we used a cheap rate service provider (9p per minute to a mobile from a landline)!  She told me about the jumping spiders and also the scorpions!!!!!  Low and behold - when we were out last year I chased this sodding jumping spider all round the bedroom - till I won!  Steve was in bits!   The scorpions are quite small apparently and they live  in areas like we live in - I have not seen one personally - but they are there - and they're beige in colour.  A neighbour has seen one - and it was dead!!!   So there have to be living ones!!!  I don't think that tye are poisonous - but they do nip!  This is the price we pay for buying a property in Fethiye!   Sam was so glad when she got Ibiza for the summer season 2006.   She has since left TC to persue a career outside the travel industry.  Phew!!!!!!! Cheaper phone bills :-)

Offline amanda bullock

Deliktas
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 18:49:23 PM »
Obviously someone got to that scorpion with a b-oody big slipper.
Amanda B

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Deliktas
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 19:45:23 PM »
Amanda be careful, my daughter was bitten by a snake last year and had to go to the hospital for an injection,it was at the back of a hotel in Hisonaru.

Offline telsoo

Deliktas
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 15:44:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by HappyMonday

Hi Amanda.  I was out 10 days ago. If you email me via profile I can send you a picture of latest on building works. We are in Forest Hill Houses. The new little shop is still there and my youngest was forever running down the hill to buy chocolate bars.  

Latest on dolmus is that it is not going to run up the valley until next year and when it does it will be a new service provider managed by Fethiye Council (so they get the money).

One of my neighbours asked the Mayor live on TV about a month ago when the roads would be completed. He said 2008 - but I am sceptical as they still have to complete 'The Viewpoint' (dont want to discuss that topic again!) and there are still apartment blocks to be completed behind us for the Judge and key staff for new Fethiye Courts. However, once these are completed I bet things start to move a lot more quickly!

Hi
Have you a pic of the new hillside complex as we too understand it looks quite nice and NOT an eyesore as predicted.
Where is this shop near Forest Hills houses your daughter visits and we agree the dolmus in 2008 will make a difference.
It was the central river cutting with all the building rubbish in it that was the worst bit but the new bridge sounds interesting.
Thanks
Terry

Offline amanda bullock

Deliktas
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2007, 18:29:28 PM »
Telsoo,can't e mail you.No address on profile.
Amanda B

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf