Author Topic: Great day out - Dalyan, Ituzutu Beach, koyecies  (Read 6728 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Great day out - Dalyan, Ituzutu Beach, koyecies
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 16:29:53 PM »
We have just been away to Dalyan for a couple of days, each time we have been previously, never got round to do the boat trips.

This time we did get the Daily Dalyan Tour, and what a difference to the Fethiye boat trips, £10 for a boat trip in Fethiye with a bite of lunch, compare this with Dalyan at 20Ytl, one hell of a boat trip and lunch, this is a stop at a riverside restaurant with FULL buffet style  mezze,followed by hot dishes, all this IS included in the price of 20YTL, makes the Fethiye trips pale by comparison.
The Tour visits:

Koygeciz lake
Mud Baths
River ride
Iztuzu Beach
+

We returned to the boat earlier than the others, I sat on the back of the boat deck watching turtles, Storks and fish leaping, it was absolutely fantastic and totally laid back.

We were also to visit Kaunos city ruins, however, we all agreed to be tired out and leave to do this excursion another day.

The tour company also do a Turtle watch tour, Problem is it starts at 6am! there is no way I could get Gordon to be up at that time.

The Turtle tour (feed the Turtles) is a solar powered boat, you hang over the side dangling a live crab, the Turtles come up to take the crab and you swap for a dead one.  
The cost of the tour is 30Tl per person, but it is a one off experience, I may do this tour alone next month.
tour company  
http://www.kardaktourism.com/tours.htm#dalyan

We stayed in a small B&B on the riverside, Breakfast every morning watching the boats and wildlife with views to the Tombs.  

ABSOLUTE BLISS!!

If you want to view the entire photos taken
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 20:40:37 PM by loz »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Great day out - Dalyan, Ituzutu Beach, koyecies
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 16:37:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by loz

I sat on the back watching turtles

Are "Back Watching Turtles" native to Dalyan? I am only aware of the "Back Watching English", native to Calis.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf