Author Topic: A road ???????  (Read 12833 times)

Offline miaspyro

A road ???????
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 17:17:36 PM »
Hold all bets  H M  no movement for a few days, was some clanging and bashing on side roads on Friday, but all weekend nothing.  Mind you it is a national holiday.  If i could downlaod photos on the forum i would.  Mia

Offline amanda bullock

A road ???????
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 22:21:06 PM »
hows it going up there.out on sunday.soooooooo looking forward to it.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
A road ???????
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »
Sorry to be the bringer of bad tidings, but you may find that all that is being done is "CANALISATION", in other words, tearing up existing roads to install mains sewerage system.It's going on all over, in fact, I can see/hear the road on the other side of "our" canal being ripped apart as I type this :o
We are in Akarca, by the way.
Our friends had a lovely, level paved road outside their villa, and, after "Canalisation", it was left like a Baghdad bomb-site 8)
Gordy, {Crusoe}
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:51:49 AM by GordonA »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
A road ???????
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 14:01:20 PM »
awwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 19:29:45 PM »
We fly out Sat night and cant wait. Dont care if the raods are built or not! :D

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
A road ???????
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 22:42:19 PM »
I am so glad we are not hiring a limo then this holiday! hahaha  Will have to stick to the old sahin for the time being still!  To be fair - there is still so much building work being done up our way still- they are not going to be concentrating on the roads too much yet until all the construction workers (or at least the majority) have gone.  At this rate - by the time we retire there it 'should' all be finished :-)

Offline miaspyro

A road ???????
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 06:21:34 AM »
Please Gordon tell me this cant be true, we have been dug up so many times that the underground streams are getting confused.  A short while ago 2 lots of black pipe where laid to rest, one was for water the other, anybodies guess.  Oh please tell me that we have already been canonised or what ever you said.  My poor little car hopes beyond hope that you are wrong and that she will no longer have to endure the shattering (literally) experience of our roads for an afternoon in Calis.

Offline biff052

A road ???????
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 09:33:12 AM »
Any updates on the alleged road up towards Green Valley?

Offline saoirse

A road ???????
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
just back after 3 week stay there. no road yet

Offline telsoo

A road ???????
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 19:25:00 PM »
We went into the Viewpoint office at the bottom of the hill who are building on the slopes to the left.
They confirmed that they received a definite confirmation from the council that the roads were to be completed before their scheduled total completion of the whole complex in Summer 2008.I understand that there have been further discussions regarding their area on the left as the council were suggesting their area of road be delayed until their hilltop complex was completed.
Whilst we were there there was considerable widening of the road/track in some areas with gullies being dug out etc so we are sure it wont be that long but I think 2008 is the best bet for it which is when the biggest development of "Viewpoint" will be finished.
 I think a lot hinges on this as the judiciary are involved plus local Turkish housing to the rear of it and this has a major influence on the council decisions about valley completion

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf