Author Topic: HSBC Bank - Fethiye  (Read 3837 times)

Offline GarynDen

HSBC Bank - Fethiye
« on: June 28, 2007, 20:42:56 PM »
General query - We opened an account at HSBC in Fethiye in May.  When I was in Calis last week I went to put a cheque into the account (quite a lump sum0.  The staff there informed me that if I put money into that account I have to leave it for 6 months before I can draw it out (December).  When I queries this - they said it was a rule of the bank - they said the reason for this was because they said they did not know me!!??  Has anyone else had this problem.  It does not help me because the reason I wanted to put the money into the bank was to pay the final instalment (August)for the apartment we are having built there.

Any info/feedback would be appreciated.

Den

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
HSBC Bank - Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 22:31:51 PM »
i know there are certain rules when banking at different banks
the cheek so and so's put your money else were you are their bread + butter

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
HSBC Bank - Fethiye
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 22:50:08 PM »
I think this must be pretty unusual as most of us have opened up bank accounts initially just to pay for our property. If this was the rule -rather than the exception - we'd have all been moaning like mad on here.
Try Finansbank - the lovely Ayse is a gem there & speaks better English than many on this forum (said tongue in cheek! Honest!)

Puma - are you p...d on here again??:D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 22:51:53 PM by lindacarl »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
HSBC Bank - Fethiye
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 23:10:21 PM »
no linda i wish i'm up early again lol:D

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
HSBC Bank - Fethiye
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 08:56:50 AM »
I agree Lindacarl, most of us opened an account just for the buying process and I've not heard of this before- I'm sure there would have been a thread before this!
We opened one with Guaranti and then transferred from our Natwest account ( it cost about £30) then we went into Fethiye and withdrew the cash in £ as thats how our seller wanted paying and we put all our savings into a plaggy bag from the kebab shop next door ! think it took a couple of days to transfer.Simple!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
HSBC Bank - Fethiye
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 09:00:03 AM »
It could be their way of averting money laundering. We have similar rules in the UK - you cannot just go and put £50k into a UK bank without them having to check where you got it from - even a cheque. A few simple questions are usually enough over here but obviously Turkey has a different way of doing things.

Check with other banks - they may be a bit more relaxed about it - or go back to HSBC and explain what the money is for and why you can't tie it up until December.

Good luck

Offline GarynDen

HSBC Bank - Fethiye
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 19:23:32 PM »
Thanks for your replies.  I must admit I was gobsmacked that they were requesting this.  Anyway, decided to send Gary back out in august with the money - call me old fashioned - but I would rather see it put into the builders hand and get my receipt.  I am going to call into my HSBC bank over here in England next week and see what they have to say.

Once agaion thank you for getting back to us.

Den

Offline calvin 1949

HSBC Bank - Fethiye
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 07:50:34 AM »
Hi try www.hsbc.com.tr the rules are on there in english or Turkish

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf