Author Topic: Boat trips- are they everyones cup of tea?  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Boat trips- are they everyones cup of tea?
« on: July 15, 2007, 12:01:06 PM »
I know this is a high risk strategy but I was just interested to know if other people think the same as us about boat trips? We love the thought of them and start off with good intentions, ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the beautiful scenery, marvelling at how the cook can make such lovely food in a closet and what a lovely breeze you get out at sea! However by about 3pm we're ready to come home. Its not that we don't appreciate the majesty and grandeur of the countryside- its just the feeling of too much of a good thing! I think its just that were not sea faring folk - us Leeds lot preferring to look upon it from a distance rather than to be in it! It doesn't mean that we've not had some most enjoyable and memorable days out but the best ones for us have been short. The thought of getting half way down the river and then mooring up and fishing for crabs , just when you think you're nearly home would have me at screaming pitch!
Is it just us[?]

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:17:15 PM »
No, it's not just you.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 12:52:19 PM »
My OH half feels the same although the kids and I love them. I think the trip to Gocek is ideal, a couple of hours round the market then stopping off for pancakes and a swim on the way back.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 13:07:35 PM »
Come home at 3.00pm? No chance. You've just got through snoozing off lunch in the shade during the hottest part of the day or reading another chapter of the novel, looking forward to another couple of swims, then onboard shower to get rid of the salt, get dressed in walking-about kit (perhaps a bit of dancing to Tarkan, making an appropriate fool of yourself, hell it's a holiday), before harbouring and finding the nearest bar for coldest Efes they've got. Then back home to get ready for evening out. 10.00am-6.00pm - wouldn't miss a moment of it.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 13:18:37 PM »
Mmmm, one day isn't enough for us !  We love them and would be happy for several days exploring the coast line, swimming in deserted bays and BBQing the days catch.....simply beautiful.[|)]

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 13:59:55 PM »
: :)  :) Oh Please stop it you guys, I've spent the last couple of hours, looking through others photo's on here..... My own memories are hard enough to deal with....: :) Now you guys are adding even more pictures into my memory bank....: :)

I'm not sure if I can now last until sept.... Ummmmmm my visa's still valid [?][?]

Just as well I have dentist appts etc lol or I'd probably be looking for a flight right now........ :):D ;)  

Oh & yes (nearly forgot) I'm not a great seafaring bod, but absolutely Love the Tranquility & Relaxation & fun, of course I'm not adverse to a tipple or 2 either...Heaven  :) :)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 14:42:39 PM »
:DBit of a fifty fifty for me, only since getting one of Jerry's magic pills, I hated the after affects of the boat trip, that rocking feeling in the night time, like your still on the boat, but this time we did 2 boat trips, wwith no after effects.So, I don't mind 1 per holiday, and if your with a good crew then its a good laugh. Its a bit like the fery, lovely at first, but once you've done it,Its like getting the Dolmus. ;)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 16:40:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cavfan

I think its just that were not sea faring folk - us Leeds lot preferring to look upon it from a distance rather than to be in it! It doesn't mean that we've not had some most enjoyable and memorable days out but the best ones for us have been short. The thought of getting half way down the river and then mooring up and fishing for crabs , just when you think you're nearly home would have me at screaming pitch!
Is it just us[?]

Well said Cavfan. Does that mean you wont exprect me to go on one again?

Yippee. I can suggest other ways we could get together with friends and have fun and it doesnt involve a day on the ocean waves  :)

Offline fletch

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 16:48:37 PM »
The Calis water taxi does me! ;)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 18:58:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pookie

Mmmm, one day isn't enough for us !  We love them and would be happy for several days exploring the coast line, swimming in deserted bays and BBQing the days catch.....simply beautiful.[|)]

Why not do a Gulet cruise ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf