Author Topic: rumour has it  (Read 3039 times)

Offline miaspyro

rumour has it
« on: August 14, 2007, 04:27:36 AM »
hi everyone, heard a few little rumours the other day that i thought you might be interested in, the road might be happening, according to the council, they have asked for bids for the building of our roads, however my eyes tell me that they are once again digging up instead of laying them, (run off for storm drains i think) poor old green valley need hiking boots to get in and out again.  Also men with measuring tapes were asked what they were doing, and my friend was told it was for Dolmus, think it was to see if they could drive between pot holes. oh well the saga continues, oh and by the way the new water pipes are due to be connected and turned on anytime now, so fingers crossed.      regards to you all Mia

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
rumour has it
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 14:32:23 PM »
 :)Thanks for that post, my daughter will be returning in a few weeks with a new baby, and I dread to think what it will be like pushing a buggy up those roads especially when it rains, how bad is it now. ;)

Offline telsoo

rumour has it
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 14:58:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by miaspyro

hi everyone, heard a few little rumours the other day that i thought you might be interested in, the road might be happening, according to the council, they have asked for bids for the building of our roads, however my eyes tell me that they are once again digging up instead of laying them, (run off for storm drains i think) poor old green valley need hiking boots to get in and out again.  Also men with measuring tapes were asked what they were doing, and my friend was told it was for Dolmus, think it was to see if they could drive between pot holes. oh well the saga continues, oh and by the way the new water pipes are due to be connected and turned on anytime now, so fingers crossed.      regards to you all Mia

Thanks Mia
We were told some while ago that the road development will probably tie in with the completion of "Viewpoint" on the hillside in 2008 as the council didnt want to do much to the roadlaying with so many trucks going up the valley.I think once most of the building work is completed in the valley(surely they dont need to build anymore now!!!), it will be finished off but I can see the councils point if true. They put a smart road in and it gets furrowed again by more building trucks so the developments in the valley must stop first.
As regards the Dolmus there are a couple of school ones already that bring kids home and once the demand from Turkish residents increases,there will be more motivation.
The new housing cooperatives on the hill completing in conjunction with "Viewpoint",when full, will create a new demand for a bus service but it is still a new valley really as regards residents.
Keep in touch with any more news and thank you

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
rumour has it
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 16:22:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:)Thanks for that post, my daughter will be returning in a few weeks with a new baby, and I dread to think what it will be like pushing a buggy up those roads especially when it rains, how bad is it now. ;)

Good excuse for a Granny to help out by carrying baby:D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
rumour has it
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 07:25:55 AM »
Before I went I asked the question - do I need walking boots?. It started out that sandals were adequate but then the diggers arrived and we needed walking boots and earplugs. Then the sandals came back out but low and behold they started again, even closing the road outside the Green Valley complex, digging a massive ditch, eventually filling it but then neither walking boots or sandals were appropriate you needed a moon buggy the pot holes were so big! Laffa if you could try and buy a baby moon buggy for the new arrival it could be the most useful purchase. Ayhan the maintanance man at GV asked the builders and they said that the roads were going to be started after the 15th August when it gets cooler - who knows 5 different answers and probably none of them will be accurate.

Offline miaspyro

rumour has it
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:58:18 AM »
it would appear that the dolmus terminus will be outside the Green valley complex, and that one road will be completed, using block pave system.  I am told it will be the road through the middle of Deliktas.  Had high winds for the last few days and the dust is very bad, so every little will help.  Let hope most recent rumours are true!!

Offline telsoo

rumour has it
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 10:37:18 AM »
I am never quite sure where Deliktas is and where the middle is anyway haha

Offline amanda bullock

rumour has it
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 09:23:45 AM »
hopefully I am in the middle and I will get the decent road!!!!!!!!!!We are opposite the area designated for a play area and car parking.fat chance

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf