Author Topic: Hardcore in Deliktas  (Read 8386 times)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 17:41:43 PM »
Hi Odoganay. You are right in what you say about the cable car. Not to Fethiye but rather, up the hill. Apologies for any confusion.

Offline telsoo

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by thebillet

I'm with happymonday on this one; what better research can we all have done than to buy here discover first hand if, the dolmus is going to come up here or the space in front of us won't be built on or the facilities in the complex will definitely be up and running and so on. Your generosity in sharing your research findings should be applauded. Should the Viewpoint be as good as their word then no one has anything to worry about, everything will be in place and individuals will be free to buy when they can see everything is there. Who knows what obstacles might be placed in the way of the company some of them beyond their control. On balance it would, in my opinion, always be best to see a finished project and a finished environment and anyone who is thinking of buying prior to that will be taking a risk and given the recent jitters here in GB over money, debt and even the solvency of banks I anticipate we might quite properly see a lot many more risk averse purchasers and who can blame them. Or put more simply caveat emptor.
PS lets hope the pick pick has stopped I want a lie in next week!

Totally agree with yours and Doug,s comments.
It is clear that in Turkey things change on the wind from month to month and you cannot rely at all on so called promises related to property.
At Forest Hills the proposed shop and bar in the original advertising material has never materialised and properties spring up in the most cramped areas after assurances of stunning views.
Road building schedules change from week to week as do completion dates etc etc so I would not entertain buying off plan as the plans dont mean anything really.
Forums like this one give the real insight into true situations and I no longer believe sales brochures and pitches in advance.
We love it at Forest Hills but forums like this really open your eyes to actuality as opposed to fantasy.
There is no way anybody would be able to rent a property whilst the roads and works are in the state they are with no public transport etc.
Our agents are even reluctant to drive up the valley due to vehicle damage and the clouds of dust around so the fussy rental market has no chance until the valley is updated. The phrase "excellent rental potential" is ludicrous until building stops and the roads and facilities are in.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 13:08:43 PM »
I think the area does have excellent rental potential even in the state it is now. I think honesty is the best policy- I have always been upfront with potential renters in letting them know the state of the roads the amount of building going on in the area etc etc. If they decide not to rent from me then I am rather glad as clearly they were not happy and the last thing I want is unhappy renters especially if they come back and start complaining. I do agree however that their is a huge risk buying off plan- whilst the financial gain can be large, it can be difficult to sort out the advertising from the actual facts regarding what is actually going to be in place. Those who buy when the build is complete and up and running will most likely pay more, however, they get a more accurate picture of what they are buying.

Offline telsoo

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 08:39:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

I think the area does have excellent rental potential even in the state it is now. I think honesty is the best policy- I have always been upfront with potential renters in letting them know the state of the roads the amount of building going on in the area etc etc. If they decide not to rent from me then I am rather glad as clearly they were not happy and the last thing I want is unhappy renters especially if they come back and start complaining. I do agree however that their is a huge risk buying off plan- whilst the financial gain can be large, it can be difficult to sort out the advertising from the actual facts regarding what is actually going to be in place. Those who buy when the build is complete and up and running will most likely pay more, however, they get a more accurate picture of what they are buying.

It is interesting to read you have no problem renting in the current state because its apparently a saturated market with hundreds of rental apartments available and when you look at their availability on websites they always have loads of free space throughout the year.
Renters on forums currently paint gloomy pictures of a dead business due to the competition from all inclusive deals and hotels.
Furthermore the rental market is extremely picky and prefers pristine views with luxury villas on top of the beach. I wouldnt have thought a valley 2 miles back from Fethiye would appeal at all bearing in mind there is the added competition along the top road in Ovacik and Hisaronu with loads of apartments also up for rent
Your comments provided some optimism but I think the income you get from renting doesnt equate with the hassle,advertising costs,transfers,cleaning costs,damage risks,tax liability etc etc and therefore we have decided not to bother even trying like many others in our position.

Offline chewyturk

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 08:44:04 AM »
From the adverts it sounds expensive anyway - £41k for a 1 bed apart ?!!!!!
My advice, wherever you buy, buy in winter when everyone is skint - Jan/Feb/Mar.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 10:29:11 AM »
telsoo - just to clarify I didn't say that I rented out regularly I simply said that I felt the area did have excellent renting potential and that I was always honest with potential renters about the conditions. We bought our place without the intention of renting out but from time to time we do.  The area will certainly not appeal to all but that is where it pays to be honest in giving an accurate picture. Sorry for any confusion and any false hope given to renters!

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 11:52:08 AM »
Hi Terry. Some interesting comments that you make. I did some maths recently (always a dangerous thing) and after all charges, upkeep, marketing, bills etc and based on a realistic rental period most apartments in the areas around Fethiye can probably make £2000-£3000 per annum in rent. However, for all but the cheapest properties this is unlikely to cover a mortgage. The way things are at the moment it is great if you want to live there (all areas) but as prices are flat at the moment - not so good as an investment supplemented by rental.

Offline telsoo

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 15:06:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

telsoo - just to clarify I didn't say that I rented out regularly I simply said that I felt the area did have excellent renting potential and that I was always honest with potential renters about the conditions. We bought our place without the intention of renting out but from time to time we do.  The area will certainly not appeal to all but that is where it pays to be honest in giving an accurate picture. Sorry for any confusion and any false hope given to renters!

No apology needed
Your advice is always helpful and its your personal experience which adds to our knowledge overall
Take care

Hi Doug
Interesting figure and just not worth bothering for £3k a year by the time you pay costs and tax.
We were showered with "rental potential" quotes when we bought but when you look at the figures and the risks involving what is after all your 2nd home,it seems pointless.
I admire those who make it work but we are so fussy now about our place that we cannot imagine allowing strangers to live in it.
When we first bought it,our agents offered us a years rental with own white goods to a Turkish family for £2k and thought it was a good deal for Turkey but tying your 2nd home up for a whole year with damage risks for probably a net £1500 was not for us. I know it stays empty for much of the year and we have deprived a native family of accommodation but you cant put a price on being able to nip over when you like to your home.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 15:19:14 PM by telsoo »

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 16:10:22 PM »
Hi Terry. Tend to agree and we have steered clear of renting to date for the same reasons although thinking of doing so for peak weeks next Summer. Are you both out in October. We are out on 23rd for a week and it would be good to meet.

Offline telsoo

Hardcore in Deliktas
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 17:42:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by HappyMonday

Hi Terry. Tend to agree and we have steered clear of renting to date for the same reasons although thinking of doing so for peak weeks next Summer. Are you both out in October. We are out on 23rd for a week and it would be good to meet.

Just back from States and having work done on UK house so money tight haha
Next May now and new roads yippee !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf