Author Topic: Law On The Work Permit For Foreigners  (Read 17274 times)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Law On The Work Permit For Foreigners
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 18:25:14 PM »
It is now,threadbare!!!!!!!

Offline kariaapartments

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 07:46:07 AM »
Apologies to Crabbit for reopening this, but I would like to know what the position is today regards setting up a Ltd company and if anyone has done it under the current laws. If anyone can recommend a point of advice (Accountant, solicitor, etc) that would be greatly appreciated.

Offline jinky

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 10:44:43 AM »
if you speek to ronnie from the irish pub fethiye(hoops man)on the forum he can give you all the ins and outs.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Law On The Work Permit For Foreigners
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 17:27:09 PM »
yesterday I stumbled across a company in Turkey asking to recruit an English employee in the advert it said they would sort out a work permit... I am really confused as I thought we were not allowed a work permit or indeed to work in Turkey?
I am just curious about it all if you applied for the job and were successful how would you know if the work permit had been applied for and you would not be risking deportation?
Thanks for any replies  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 21:00:38 PM »
I seen the advert too.
This company have always, since we've been coming to Calis had an English member of staff so I'm assuming all is above board and legal

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 21:27:22 PM »
A business wanting to employ a foreigner has to show that the job cannot be carried by a Turk. The need for excellent English written and spoken may well be considered to meet this requirement.

It is actually possible contrary to popular belief to work in Turkey; there are just hoops to be jumped through and some businesses may not wish to go to the trouble and/or expense. Those that do have probably found it worth their while in terms of the benefits it brings.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 05:59:40 AM »
Many thanks Anne and Nichola for the replies   ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 08:09:09 AM »
In 2006 my daughter, who was not married or in a relationship at that time fancied working in Turkey.  She was offered a job in Fethiye by a local business and was told there was no problem getting her a work permit.  She had been educated at Uni and was working for an Oil Company in the U.K. on a very good wage.  She was really surprised when she found out the wage she was being offered in Fethiye and decided (I am glad to say) she would not want to take such a massive drop in wages, particularly as she was given no guarantees about her future in the job.   

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 08:55:37 AM »
You can still expect to work longer hours for a lot less pay, and in some jobs its commission only or in some cases one might end up not being paid at all, and not just foreigners might find the latter happening to them.

Things have improved overall but of course the pay is relative to the cost of living. A twenty grand salary is barely more than the minimum wage in the UK and wouldn't buy you very much but over here you could live like a Queen on that sort of salary, not that you'll find wages like that here in little old Fethiye.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »
It is not all about money for me, I am deeply unhappy in my work in the UK...
I realise the wage would be based  on a Turkish salary, lots of things to weigh up here but I am very tempted providing it is all above board purely because I would not want to risk deportation, my salary in the UK is rubbish for the work and hours I do...
Lots of things to weigh up here but thanks everyone  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf