Author Topic: Money transfers  (Read 5062 times)

Offline milorni

Money transfers
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 12:14:26 PM »
Thank you all for your concern, I am off to the bank now to set up the transfer. We, as a family, have bought a few properties now with the same builder and I was really just seeking a general consensus of opinion on transferring the cash. Some family members have carried it out before but Im to cautious I'm afraid.

Snagging has already been done and I'm off to pay the builder and do the paperwork on Monday.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
Money transfers
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 20:53:34 PM »
Seems you have it all sorted,glad to hear snaging has been done. :)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 22:14:30 PM by savoyboy »

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Money transfers
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 09:08:11 AM »
 :) That's good news, hope your trip goes well  :)

Offline holidayworld

Money transfers
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 09:42:31 AM »
Hope this HELPS some of you who want to Transfer money from one account to another Any where, also with very low costs or NONE at all.

This is just a little information from them.

Free transfers to all clients on any amount
Better exchange rates than the banks
Quicker international payments via SWIFT
Fixed Exchange rates for up to 2 years
24hr Information desk

They will phone you regarding your request and help with what ever you need.

-http://www.sterlingexchange.co.uk/

Thats the link so you can get a Information pack if needed just remove the - off before the http and paste the link in your browser, the person to talk to is called Pipper Van Praagh, what ever amount you want to transfer they can help.

Offline julesbob0303

Money transfers
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 19:07:04 PM »
Whilst we were in Calis end of October, we cashed £1000 sterling from the HSBC bank in Fethiye and were charged £67 for doing so by the bank.  I thought this was extortionate.  I am also worried as the final amount for our apartment is about to go out of the account as the title deeds are about to go into our name - how much will they charge for this?  We were told that if we opened a HSBC account in the UK, it would be free to transfer and cash money - a little white lie, maybe?

Offline spanner

Money transfers
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 21:23:50 PM »
Can anybody advise if there are any reason why you can not pay by bank cheque for an off plan development installment to one of the larger property developers. ie post a cheque from uk direct to them

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Money transfers
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 21:32:00 PM »
Jules, I think it may have been a white lie.  I havwe been into the HSBC in Fethiye and asked the same question and was told that I couldn't transfer money as in the UK from one account to the other.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Money transfers
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 21:43:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by spanner

Can anybody advise if there are any reason why you can not pay by bank cheque for an off plan development installment to one of the larger property developers. ie post a cheque from uk direct to them

Hi Spanner, firstly, have seen the 'Postal Thread' it would appear that post, is not getting delivered very well. Secondly, why would you want to do that anyway, have you not opened a Bank Account in Turkey, you then get a Tax number & can 'note' on all Transfers, exactly what the money is for.  

This gives you added security and, provides a recording of monies you may have to account for, at a future date, hope this is of some help  :)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Money transfers
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 04:50:26 AM »
I actually paid a bank cheque into my Turkish bank, who told me it would take 21 days to be paid in, it finally arrived after 42 days, yet it went out of my English bank after only 4 days, so it spent 38 days wandering around the Turkish system, send it via swift transfer, less hassle i believe. Alan

Offline spanner

Money transfers
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 18:41:34 PM »
The reason I asked about sending cheque by post from England to Turkey was this is how I paid the deposit for our new apartment in Dalaman.Seemed very easy to me with no transfer cost.

I take your points that there could be delay due to " postal deliveries problems" probably more from here in uk than Turkish.

CEF, we have opened a Turkish bank account back in the summer ( and also have tax number)but as yet haven't deposited any money.

With regards to "recording of monies" surely there would enough proof with our uk bank statements.

I will enquire from developer to see if it is possible to transfer money direct into their bank.

Thanks CEF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf