Author Topic: Planning a holiday to Calis Beach ...  (Read 8234 times)

Offline Beach_Bunny

« on: January 19, 2008, 13:57:16 PM »
Hi everyone,
My friend and I are planning a holiday to Calis Beach for some time this year, so please excuse me if some of these questions are repeated elsewhere on the forum ...

My relative has recently bought a holiday apartment on Calis Beach and my friend and I are hoping to take a holiday over there around July/August time. I've saw some excellent photos of the place and everyone on the forum seems to have nothing but great words to say. But as expected, someone always has something bad to say. Now I feel a bit disheartened and considering not going.

My friend and I are only 19 (will be 20 when we go). We're not looking for a clubbing holiday - just somewhere to relax on the beach, sight-see and take part in some water sports etc. I've read that Calis Beach really has 'nothing to offer for the younger generation' (please excuse me for that because I beleive a holiday is what you make of it) and we're a bit worried about going over and having nothing to do. I've even read that Calis Beach is just rocks and pebbles, and rubbish litters the beach. Neither of us drive and have been abroad without family before so we were hoping Calis Beach would be a great first time holiday for us. I've been researching for a few days about the area etc but my geography skills are pitiful. Is Calis Beach as bad as I've read or is there another beach within walking distance?

Please cheer me up and make me look forward to it again,

Thankyou  :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Planning a holiday to Calis Beach ...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 14:31:40 PM »
Hi Beach Bunny. Is this a wind-up? You write to a forum composed of people who love Calis Beach (and also Crabbit) and ask if it really as bad as people tell you. When they answer "No, it is lovely. We all love it" will you believe the answer?

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 14:34:49 PM »
Hello there if you want a relaxing holiday then Calis is the place to go and if you fancy some night life you will find that also not too far away. In my opinion Calis has everything you want whatever your age.
I am sure that your confidence will increase by looking at thw info on this forum and by asking questions, You could also make some new friends here. I feel sure you will have a lovely holiday.

Offline Beach_Bunny

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 14:43:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn

Hi Beach Bunny. Is this a wind-up? You write to a forum composed of people who love Calis Beach (and also Crabbit) and ask if it really as bad as people tell you. When they answer "No, it is lovely. We all love it" will you believe the answer?

No need for that tone. I was asking some questions. If you're not going to help then I'd rather you not answer at all.
I've seen it is lovely from the pictures people have posted, but I've read comments on here from people saying that the beach is full of rubbish etc. I'd just like some questions answered thats all. If you could help that'd be great.

Thanks for the reply heatherhanum  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 14:50:48 PM »
Yes Colwyn [:o]

The beach isn't going to win any awards, it is shingly and pebbly - and it's fair to say there's quite a lot of rubbish out of season. But they clean it up in time for the next season; it's the tourists that leave their junk behind that spoil it.

Maybe not the best beach in the World, but you'd be hard pushed to find a better view from the prom.

I hope that helps (not like Colwyn, grumpy old ***)

Offline Beach_Bunny

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 14:57:55 PM »
Thanks Scunner. I appreciate your reply.

So what would you say the best months to visit are - to avoid all the tourists, but still enjoy warm weather and get a relatively clean beach?
Are there any other beaches within walking distance?

Have you ever taken part in the watersports (I beleive theres a club nearby that arranges things, correct me if I am wrong)?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 14:59:53 PM »
Sorry, will go to see whether I can find my happy head. Enjoy your holiday Beach Bunny, and make sure you catch the sunset with a glass in your hand somewhere on the prom - it is the best I have seen anywhere in the world.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 15:01:53 PM »
I'd say May & September, although some prefer October. May is best for a clean beach :D

There are quieter beaches (and parts of the main beach not too far away.

There's a surf place at the end of the beach, not my thing so I'll leave it to more agile members to answer that bit  :)

Offline Beach_Bunny

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 15:03:42 PM »
May sounds like a great time. I could do with a birthday holiday.

Please excuse my ignorance but do the majority of people in and around the area speak english?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 15:08:23 PM »
Well most of them speak Turkish :D but staff in nearly all bars and restaurants etc. speak good English

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf