Author Topic: The Search For Decent Coffee  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The Search For Decent Coffee
« on: February 04, 2008, 18:48:59 PM »
As mentioned before, I don't appreciate paying a quid for a cup of coffee made with Bim Economy Instant Coffee and UHT milk.

Apart from Cafe Oley, previous good news hasn't lasted as people dump their machines and grab for the kettle once more.

There is now a perfect coffee shop in Fethiye, just round from the main street as the one way system turns left into the back road, about 30m on the left. Close to Dikman change shop.

Latte's, cappuchino's, espresso's, all these trendy types.

As good as any, really worth a try  :)

Offline busybee

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 13:08:04 PM »
Had the best over cappachino in Calis.  It was in the Calis Beach Restuarant on the front.  A large mug of hot creamy frothy coffee and it wasn't expensive. I agree a good cup of coffee is hard to find - have tried the place Scunner mentioned and agree their coffee is excellent.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 13:40:01 PM »
I find Cappuchino too stressful, it's another example of irritations in Turkey. All that froth really gets on my nerves, makes my top lip sensitive and irritated.

I wouldn't mind, but I'm still getting over another injury caused by living in Turkey, pistachio fingernail  ;)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 14:32:18 PM »
Some shells open easily.....use half of one of these shells as a lever to open another easy peasy....it will eventually break but by then you will have lots more half shells to go at. 8)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 16:03:29 PM »
 :)Excellent idea for the nuts tribal, will give that a try next time, as for the coffee Scun is spot on, they leave the machines on the bars like an ornament and resort to the crap cheap stuff in the tin behind the bar, Cafe Oley is the best for me up to now,  ;)

Offline june

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 13:59:50 PM »
Coffee expert here.....Cafe Oley is without a doubt the best and the Puds are to die for.:D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 15:24:33 PM »
We must be the only people here who think that Cafe Oley is overated. We tried their coffee today. yuk!! and we only ever drink coffee. Maybe we were unlucky. To be honest the cheesecake is nothing to write home about. Maybe it is years of catering and making my own.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 17:49:15 PM »
I am a bit of a coffee addict and only ever drink fresh now- which is a pain in meetings but I'd rather do without than drink instant. One of the first things I bought for the apartment was a coffee maker and when a guest broke it I was distraught till I sourced another. Cafe Oley up to now has been by far the best , although when Leon was there his werent bad. Also Megri uses Iley which was passable but I will defo be trying the new one. It all down to the coffee though and if they start to use Turkish it'll be back to square one!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 18:01:50 PM »
 :)To be fair on Mercury, I have had a cold, not very nice latte in Cafe Oley, but only the once, ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf