Author Topic: Anamur  (Read 3995 times)

Offline hazel dorrington

Anamur
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 16:52:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve B

Hi Hazel,

I went Anamur about 10 years ago now and back then it was just a small place with a nice coved beach and a few shops. I'm sure it has changed quite a bit since then. If you do go then you must check out Anamur Castle, It is stunning. It looks to be in fantastic condition for it's age which I believe is 3-4th century, however I'm sure it has been patched up since then.

I didn't manage to get to Anamur on this visit but did visit Pammukale. The dolmus ride over the mountains in thick snow was absolutely breath taking.
Anamur is on the agenda for April also Elmali.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Anamur
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 22:24:34 PM »
Nice one Hazel. It's something else to look forward to then.

Offline Alan Keating

Anamur
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 14:03:22 PM »
We drove to Elmali last year, you do need to plan for a full day. It is a long journey at a slow speed; we drove from the Antalya road, going right; passed the planned ski centre road & over the mountains. It took us 3 hours to get to Elmali (Apple, I think), we kept stopping for the views, excellant. The town has very old & grand merchant houses etc., shopping limited, but cheap. On leaving we headed for the coast at Kalkan, again great pictures and another 2/3 hours drive. You could choose to go to Kas if you wanted, do have a good map. A very long day, but well worth doing.  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf