Author Topic: Rhodes  (Read 4270 times)

Offline KayteeLouise

Rhodes
« on: February 29, 2008, 21:06:06 PM »
Looking at going to Rhodes for a day in July.
Wondering how much it is.
whats the first and last boat?
Who has been and worth the money?
Thanks

Offline philrose

Rhodes
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 05:47:23 AM »
You can get prices and times from here...
http://www.olymposyachting.com/en/ferry_boat/rhodes_fethiye.asp
The crossing is around 90 minutes. I would personaly recomend an open return ticket and at least a one night stop over as you only have a couple of hours before you return (there is only 1 crossing a day) and as you are mainly there for the afternoon most of the shops are shut. Did the trip 2 years ago and loved it loads to see and do.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Rhodes
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:58:19 AM »
Or you can go via Marmaris and have up to 6 hours in Rhodes.

I went from Fethiye to Marmaris by coach, then Sea-Cat to Rhodes with Yesil Dalyan last year. Left at 6am and got back to Fethiye at 9pm. Cost about 120YTL

Offline philrose

Rhodes
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 08:41:51 AM »
For the difference of having about an extra hour in Rhodes against the time of a transfer to and from Marmaris. I'd think I'd still go from Fethiye:D

Offline bigfellow

Rhodes
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »
apart from rhodes, are there any other islands off the coast worth seeing. if you wanted to overnight somewhere special on holiday from calis, where would it be. will be arriving monday week. so come on all you romantics, put the thinking caps on. Mr. Crabbit sir, you just rest up :D ;)

Offline philrose

Rhodes
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:36:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by bigfellow

apart from rhodes, are there any other islands off the coast worth seeing. if you wanted to overnight somewhere special on holiday from calis, where would it be. will be arriving monday week. so come on all you romantics, put the thinking caps on. Mr. Crabbit sir, you just rest up :D ;)

Mais is definatly worth a visit. Small but a typicaly greek island, just a 40 minute boat trip from Kas and they do have accomodation.

Offline bigfellow

Rhodes
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »
thanks philrose: while i cant wait to get to calis, i keep thinking march could prove a disaster if most places are closed etc. we are always on the move when on hols, so we will be busy. keep thinking folks. :D

Offline KayteeLouise

Rhodes
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 18:59:07 PM »
Thanks  :)
I will talk to my friend about it.

Offline sunlover

Rhodes
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 21:06:40 PM »
hi All,
i have looked at the link above regarding the ferry to Rhodes but the website gives no times for departures/returns..

Does anyone know what time it departs rom Fethiye and returns from Rhodes, we are thinking of going over and staying for just a night, so where if we didn,t want to walk to far for accomodation would we need to stay???

If anyone has answers i would be glad to hear them,

sunlover

Offline philrose

Rhodes
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 21:41:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sunlover

hi All,
i have looked at the link above regarding the ferry to Rhodes but the website gives no times for departures/returns..

Does anyone know what time it departs rom Fethiye and returns from Rhodes, we are thinking of going over and staying for just a night, so where if we didn,t want to walk to far for accomodation would we need to stay???

If anyone has answers i would be glad to hear them,

sunlover

Hi
When I went the departure time was 9:30am at Fethiye harbour (leaving around 10:15 once the paperwork was completed). Return from Rhodes was 4:00pm. Loads of accomodation, best bet would be to pre book on line, personaly I would avoid staying in the old town as that tends to be more expensive. The newer parts are all pretty close to the harbour and have plenty of nightlife and bars and is much cheaper. There are plenty of taxis on the harbour that will take you to your hotel.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 06:20:15 AM by philrose »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf