Author Topic: New Member from Portland  (Read 3152 times)

Offline sannyrut

New Member from Portland
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 13:02:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum.Mike A said what I was going to say.A warm welcome anyway :)

Offline Mishy

New Member from Portland
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 21:32:38 PM »
Hi Portland I am Weymouth born and bred family all still live there. we are living in Germany at the mo. Our place is in Ovacik. My brother-in-law works at Albion Stone & my sister works at the YOI.Small world enjoy your dream . By the way Tinks it's Dorzet

Offline bewitched

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 18:47:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Mishy

Hi Portland I am Weymouth born and bred family all still live there. we are living in Germany at the mo. Our place is in Ovacik. My brother-in-law works at Albion Stone & my sister works at the YOI.Small world enjoy your dream . By the way Tinks it's Dorzet

What a small world, I am not a portlander but my partners family have lived on portland for generations Tim works at the Stone Firms, on the island and I work at Weymouth hospital. Our place is in Calis and we love it, anyway happy holidays Jenny (bewitched)

Offline bewitched

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 18:56:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jezz

quote:
Originally posted by bewitched

looking forward to getting news from calis beach forum

Hi Bewitched,  I am Portland born and bred so welcome to you.  We bought in Calis last year - love it - looking forward to going out again in May, where have you bought ?  Jayne (wife of Jezz)

Offline bewitched

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 19:04:19 PM »
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Bewitched,  I am Portland born and bred so welcome to you.  We bought in Calis last year - love it - looking forward to going out again in May, where have you bought ?  Jayne (wife of Jezz)

Hi Jane thank you for the welcome Tim my partner and his father before him was born and bred on portland, Tim works at the stone firms on the Island and I work at Weymouth hospital, we bought in calis 4 years ago, and love it, would like to move out next year for good. Do you still live on Portland? Jenny (bewitched)

Offline jezz

New Member from Portland
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 17:32:04 PM »
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Jane thank you for the welcome Tim my partner and his father before him was born and bred on portland, Tim works at the stone firms on the Island and I work at Weymouth hospital, we bought in calis 4 years ago, and love it, would like to move out next year for good. Do you still live on Portland? Jenny (bewitched)

Hi Jenny, now live in Bournemouth but have fond memories of Portland Bill, we lived near Easton.   We are out for a few days at the end of May and again in August, would like to meet up.  Jayne
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 17:34:35 PM by jezz »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
New Member from Portland
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 19:26:33 PM »
.....and I live in Poole, for one more week and four days :D ;) 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
New Member from Portland
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 19:30:24 PM »
Would you like an area specific section for Dorset?

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
New Member from Portland
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 22:45:25 PM »
When I have tried to describe to English people what Fethiye is like I tell them it reminds me a bit of Poole. They both have a harbour, both are working towns, both have beautiful countryside nearby and both have a good mix of commerce and industry - and both are loved by Tinks!
Welcome to CBF

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
New Member from Portland
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 22:52:28 PM »
Funny you should mention that because thats what I tell everyone, I've always thought it should be twinned with Fethiye, not bloody Cherborg
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 22:53:29 PM by tinkerman »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf