Author Topic: Conned Twice by Fake Attractions  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Conned Twice by Fake Attractions
« on: March 27, 2008, 15:30:06 PM »
We took a few people to Tlos & Saklikent yesterday, seems like T shirts aren't the only things to be copied in Turkey :D

I haven't been for about 2 years and only vaguely remembered where everything was. After Tlos, I decided to show them the Yakapark. Huge signs, "YAKAPARK 800m", "YAKAPARK 400m" etc. then "YAKAPARK ENTRANCE". Driving in I though it wasn't as I remembered. Indeed it wasn't, it was like a silly little version. Did a U turn and headed straight back out. A short distance along the road I found the reason for my confusion - A sign saying "ORIGINAL YAKAPARK". If people haven't been before they would be nabbed 200m early without even knowing it.

Anyway, Yakapark pretty much dead, looked at the waterfalls, looked at the trout farm, then it was time for Saklikent Gorge.

Huge sign on arrival, "SAKLIKENT GORGE CAR PARK ENTRANCE" - went in, strange feeling again, you guessed it, not the Saklikent Gorge car park, the car park of a restaurant next door.

Clever though :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 15:51:10 PM »
My god! I hate to think what they put in the 'fake' mud baths[xx(]

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 17:32:42 PM »
I'll ask Baldrick !

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 17:38:26 PM »
.. better look out for the 'Assured Estates' ones that'll be popping up round Calis then Scunner

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 19:19:33 PM »
Yes, we went there last august.  Same thing, we drove into the car park and had a strange feeling.  We sat in car discussing how it didn't seem quite right, while the staff waved at us welcoming us in.  Then we turned round and exited, still not sure if we were wrong or not.  Bloody cheeky, eh.  We found the 'Real' Yakka park just up the road.

Offline SEVIYORUM

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 18:53:03 PM »
That is quite funny!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 09:33:48 AM »
We did exactly the same.  Clambered around Tlos and headed for Yakapark for a quiet drink to cool off.  Wasn't quite as I remembered, but thought that the old memory was paying tricks.  The bar even had fish swimming in channels etc.  But knew it wasn't quite right.  We had a quick drink and moved on, it just wasn't as nice.   Then of course we found the other (and proper !) Yakapark.  Must fool a lot of people.:-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf