Author Topic: WARNING - Lee of Somine Kebap  (Read 44360 times)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
WARNING - Lee of Somine Kebap
« on: April 18, 2008, 14:27:21 PM »
Anyone remember this?
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_questions_and_information/apartvilla_rental_rqd_furnished_34_months_18445.msg50201.html#msg50201

Well, we were the fools to let him our apartment.  He and his family moved in last November and like the trusting fool I am, I believed him when he said he would pop in the rent money to our Management Company. 

He seemed the ideal tenant - he replaced the solar system for us as ours wasn't any good (we did know this) and installed satelite dishes. 

And then nothing.  No emails, no contact and NO RENT!

He reassured us that our alcohol would be safe - he is tee total.  All our things would be fine.

Panic set in around January and our management company went and saw him.  He provided them with a phone number that didn't work and sent me a reassuring email - his wife's grandmother was ill and money was a little tight but don't panic "I'm going nowhere" he reassured us.

Indeed he wasn't going anywhere.  He continued to live rent free in our apartment. 

By March I thought, enough is enough.  Yet another visit from our management company (they have been fantastic!) and this time a correct phone number. Yet again reassurance that he would sort it out. 

And again, NOTHING.

We finally had enough and he departed on 11th April.  The whole apartment smelt of smoke throughout, curtains needed cleaning, the walls hadn't been cleaned and the whole place needs repainting. 

All our spirits had gone.  Until we go ourselves, we have no idea if everyting is there.

Then to rub salt in the wounds, today the man who installed the solar came round wanting paying!!!  He hadn't paid him either - despite reassurances that he had!!!

So should anyone see Lee Gibling of Somine Kebap fame, you may like to tell him he owes us a LOT OF MONEY.

And for all those who were going to rent him your apartment, count your blessings! 

NEVER EVER rent out an apartment to anyone without using your management company and doing everything properly.  A very bitter lesson learned.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 14:38:35 PM »
Not much anyone can add to that other than heed the warnings!

I hope you get it sorted and he gets his just deserts.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 14:50:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that Lynn he seemed such a nice guy, had we not been selling our place we were going to offer it him.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 14:54:53 PM »
Believe it or not, I don't even know what he looks like so if anybody would care to post a photo, I would SO grateful!

Trust you are counting those blessings Mark!!!

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 14:59:31 PM »
Lynne,
So sorry to hear this, to take advantage of your good nature like that is pretty mean, it make you lose faith in human beings -  He is dishonourable and untrustworthy.
Lorraine

Offline mac

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 15:19:43 PM »
sorry to hear about your trouble lynne ffom fellow brummie.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 17:43:46 PM »
 :)Oh dear, what a terrible ordeal, just shows how you can be duped,hope you get your money, a bitter lesson learnt, who'd have thought it. ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 18:05:49 PM »
how awful for you i noticed there was other members who also offered their places,i thought sometning was amiss when the restaurant had taken bookings for xmas and then closed

Offline Mark G

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 18:20:05 PM »
Sorry to hear this Lynne.

Another disgusting snake praying on someone's good nature and trust. I guess anyone who wants to do winter lets will have to make sure they always get the money paid in full and all up front.

Anyone with a photo of this reptile care to post it so we can see who we are looking for?

Mark G
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 18:21:00 PM by Mark G »

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 18:41:27 PM »
Lynn, so sorry to hear of your bad experience especially when most of us appreciate the Turkish values of trust and honesty. I'm sure that people like him are a very small minority.
Pete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf