Author Topic: Walk To Af Kule Sunday 8th June 2008  (Read 2161 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Walk To Af Kule Sunday 8th June 2008
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
I'm going to organise a walk out to the ruins of Af Kule Monastery on the afternoon of Sunday 8th June.

In order to get the best lighting conditions for those wishing to take photographs, we'll be meeting at the Af Kule turning on the road from Kaya Koyu to Gemiler Beach at 4pm. For those of you that are not familiar with this road, the turning is about 200 metres past the large "Sea Eagle" on the right-hand side of the road. Details of the walk are in the Outdoor section of The Fethiye Times, at http://www.fethiyetimes.com/ but we'll be cutting out the initial walk along the road.

You can copy and paste 36°34'29.67"N, 29° 3'15.71"E into the "Fly To" field of Google Earth for exact location of the meeting point.

All of the dolmuses from Fethiye / Ovacik / Hisaronu to Gemiler Beach will stop at this turn by request. There is plenty of parking space for those wishing to use their own transport.

I'm not arranging anything in regards to food at the end of the walk, as there are plenty of options available.

Please make sure that you bring at least half a litre of water for your own use, and wear sensible shoes as a large part of the pathway is strewn with loose stones.

In order to get an idea of the number of members likely to be taking part, please contact me through my profile.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 10:46:00 AM by KKOB »

Offline bev

• Ilkeston, UK
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 18:10:06 PM »
Hi would love to come but that is the day we fly home.
Enjoy your walk.

Offline Firo

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 20:18:11 PM »
count us in...see you then.
Fi & Eric

Offline Firo

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:26:23 AM »
Sorry won't be able to make it that day as it clashes with the Hash walk in Oren. Would love to do it another day if you are free.
Cheers
Fi & Eric

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf