Author Topic: Naughty Boys in Fethiye  (Read 8009 times)

Offline philrose

Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 09:11:43 AM »
Well the old git who used to lure people into his shop to scam them is still about. Offered to take us to the rock tombs last week, needless to say he had a negative response from us!:D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 09:17:33 AM »
The lad in the spice shop in the fish market, does the whole "can I tell you something" you stop and the next thing you come out with pomegrante sauce, salad spices and god knows what else because you feel uncomfortable listening to him for 10 minutes and not buying anything. Not really a scam just a fantatstic understanding of the European female psychy. Never again.

Offline philrose

Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 09:22:12 AM »
Oh! and the lads that run the spice shop backing on to the fish market are still using the "I just want to talk to you about..." routine to get you to sit and have a tea so they can try to push their overpriced merchandise at you. They have been using that same routine for four years that I know about.:D

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 10:17:38 AM »
I fell for it once...:-\

Thing that gets me now is Turks seem to have a fantastic memory.  And yet they STILL try that line on us and we now live here and have told them that over and over.  Now it is getting plain annoying  8)

Offline bikerchickblonde

Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 00:55:24 AM »
I agree - I have been caught once and then with a friend... trouble is he is so friendly you just get sucked in.... And dont buy his hot curry... it is hotted up with black pepper.. aaahhh!!

Offline Linda1953

Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 19:00:47 PM »
hahah! just goes to show how easily a womans brain can be worked..............huh and men say we are complicated! These guys got it down to a fine art..................just say NO! works everytime.

Offline bikerchickblonde

Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 00:23:09 AM »
It will be NO NO NO now..... and I trusted him more because his wife is daughter of Jenny ... estate agent! Or so he said!  He told me he had only just opened and we were first customers ... in April???!!!! Kissed notes as it was good luck??!! Does not sound as if he was telling truth!!??

Offline amanda bullock

Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 09:25:47 AM »
[:(!] just a word of caution about changing your money.The guy at the clothes shop in Fethiye asked my husband for an extra £20 when trying to change a straight hundred pounds.This is obviously to confuse the issue so he can rip you off.Nobody short changes Lee and he gave him an earful,especially when he tried to do it with James(aged9)and his hard saved spends. [:(!]

Offline julesbob0303

Naughty Boys in Fethiye
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 21:03:07 PM »
He did the same with us Amanda at Easter.  I handed over 10 lira thinking he was using it to "round up".  We were both hungover after a very late night, and he confused us so much.  (Rate at the time was 2.49 to the pound.  He actually gave us 2.41 - on £300, he did okay out of us, plus the 10 lira.)  Totally our own fault though.  I was absolutely gutted for the rest of the day.  Not so much for being ripped off, but for being so trusting.  Will NEVER go in that shop again, which is a real shame as both me and my girls loved the clothes in there.  Their loss in the long run - we probably would have spent a lot of money in there over a period of time (well, it makes me feel better to think that way!)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 10:22:16 AM »
Hi Amanda. He tried same with us two weeks ago.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf