Author Topic: Bank transfer costs  (Read 3598 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Bank transfer costs
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 13:23:15 PM »
Surely that is bureaucracy gone mad by even Turkish standards. Picture this a guy gets married and ten years later gets divorced and goes home to live with elderly parent for twenty years, the parent dies leaves him a fortune and he comes here to live.  No utility bills.....does that mean he can't open a bank account or will they accept a utility bill he just had from twenty years ago.:(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 13:24:02 PM by tribalelder »

Offline jackstee

Bank transfer costs
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 13:48:43 PM »
Wife and I whent to HSBC in Fethiye to open an account after buying our house there.According to the what they told us, an up to date bank statement would be enough to open the account. We allready had our tax numbers. They refused to open one, the bank statement was ok but as we now live in Pakistan ( work) thay wouldn't open one without an address in UK. Stupid as we had sold the UK property and not even lived in it for several years. The outcome is we have to wait until we get our Tapu, change our names for electricity and water and then we should be able to open one based on our Turkish address.
Of course, HSBC looses as I cannot deposit with them and we loose as we cannot enjoy the high returns.

Crazy

Steve

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bank transfer costs
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 14:10:45 PM »
Try another bank!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf