Author Topic: Interesting Fly Thomas Cook Observation?  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Interesting Fly Thomas Cook Observation?
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »
We went to the UK for Christmas last year, bagging a good price with Thomas Cook at pretty much the last minute. It is something we wanted to do for the girls as they were too young to remember UK Christmas's before we moved and they aren't the same here (as one might expect in a Muslim country  :)

I was keeping an eye on prices for this year, and was pretty dismayed to see Aegean quoting £282 each DLM-MCR. Thomas Cook not far behind.

Last night I had another quick look and was shocked to see prices came up at £120 each return (Friday they were £233). Amazing price for Christmas.

This happened on our last return from the UK - we booked one way and just checked regularly. Finally we saw a FTC flight drop £60 and booked.

The "observation", based on my last two booking experiences is to do your checking in the wee small hours - both times I did and found possibly rogue pricing which I pounced on. It's not much of a theory, based on 2 recent searches, but it has a 100% success rate :P For the 4 of us it just saved me over £440.

A second, negative observation about FTC: If you book flights online from here to UK, the option to pay by Switch/Delta disappears, and I got whacked for 25 euro's for paying by credit card, which I never do and avoid this type of surcharge like the plague. Luckily I got the flights cheap or I would have been seething over that. Anyway, I entered the Fly Thomas Cook promo code "WELCOME" and got more than that back :D

So, for bargains on FTC (possibly), check very regularly, and check between 1am and 3am (GMT) :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf