Author Topic: Vandals  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Vandals
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »
You get them everywhere and sadly my hire car had it's rear windscreen put in at 5am one morning a couple of weeks ago when I was over with my son (father and son bonding time together!!).

I thought it was him coming in at 5am but when I got up at 7am it was obvious that it was the car window! [:(!]

I went out to look at it and found 2 other (Turkish) neighbours looking at their broken windscreens - 4 done in a stretch of 500 yds.

Now the GOOD NEWS: One neighbour rang the police - within 15 minutes we had one transit van - one police car - one plain clothes police car in a battered old car - looking very hippy - 6 policemen in total!

I had to go the station and give a statement but would you believe the next 2 nights we had a police car patrolling the area (we live off the main Antalya road past the Otogar - so mainly Turkish neighbourhood)

I know I would not have got that level of response in Manchester - so I still feel much better served and safer in Turkey!!!

Ian  :)

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Vandals
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 15:30:25 PM »
Ian - sorry to hear about your trouble.  Nice to know the police are now patrolling

Janet

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Vandals
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 17:57:27 PM »
horse bolting springs to mind

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Vandals
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 18:01:31 PM »
No - be fair - we have been in the apartment for 4 years - never had or seen a problem in the area and my point was they were showing that they were "keeping their eye on things".

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf