Author Topic: Kaya Valley Demolitions  (Read 27093 times)

Offline Jacqueline

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2008, 16:48:10 PM »
I want to thank all my neighbours for looking after me. My husband is a marine engineer and he is in India working at the moment. I havent told him what has been happening, because there is no way he can get off the ship. I dont want to worry him if this is all political and nothing happens. The thing that worries me if it does happen is my 3 cats and a 12 yr old blind dog that we brought over from Scotland. My dog would never survive quarantine in UK. Once again thank you for ofering accomadation from everyone that has phoned me

Offline Lucinda

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2008, 17:15:08 PM »
I am also appalled at the possible outcome of these notices but the facts are that if a property has been built without permission there is a liklihood that it may be demolished. This is not aimed at ex-pats and by the sound of things there are likely to be more Turks that will have property knocked down.

I was one of those unfortunate enough to lose my Spanish property and when we decided on Turkey Kaya valley was the area we preffered 5 years ago. We were offered some lovely plots for building and were buying one when it was pointed out by a friend that there had not been permission to build for years. The ownner of the land said that "you just pay a fine" and it will be OK. I am so glad we didn't listen. It seems that Caveat Emptor applies everywhere.

Best of luck to all involved

Offline busybee

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2008, 20:28:41 PM »
Well have only just read this topic and its bloody surreal. How awful for you all. I just dont understand how the bloody workers in the tapu office dont get hung drawn and quartered as well as loosing their jobs.  How can they give you legal tapus when their is no living persmission. Why arent the authorities checking up on these offices and their procedures.  Why is the last person down the line- the owner, the one to suffer. Is it because the backhander system is still the law of the land.  Why are'nt Hanel Houses and all the other agents who sold the land accountable? You must fight this and if there is anyway that we can help we will. Shall we all come up to Kaya on the the 5th to protest?

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2008, 20:51:17 PM »
This is copied from Hanel Houses web-site today:
KAYAKOY

Kayakoy

"Kaya koy, an old deserted greek village situated 7km south of Fethiye, was abandoned when its Greek inhabitants were expelled in 1923 after the War of Independence. The locals live amoung the 100s of ruins in this small picturesque village. Some of the stone houses here are available for renovation and so make for an unusual but interesting place to live."

So it should surely be Hanel Houses that the authorities have a problem with & not the property owners. If Hanel built illegaly & are still advertising property development in Kaya then it is well out of order.
I just hate bullies, whether they be individuals or those with authority!

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2008, 20:54:47 PM »
Alan, I wish you all the luck in the world, this news, is a travesty Too far : :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 20:59:12 PM by cef »

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2008, 21:25:53 PM »
Have you got a Tapu for the building & living permission? If so then surely it's a legal property?

If not then surely it's Hanel who is to blame? I remember looking at a couple of Hanel properties MANY years back & we were told that Hanel would repurchase/swap any properties at the purchase price or higher. Might have just been salesman talk OR maybe at the time when prices were still rocketing? Do you have this option?

Is this yet another building built by Hanel where they shouldn't have? If this is the case then it could be just the tip of the iceburg if the government decides now or a few years down the line to flatten all properties built by them without proper permission. MANY other members on here could be affected.

I really feel for you & hope that this gets sorted - without you having to cough up loads, or anything, come to that! I remember seeing photographs of your property & thinking how idyllic it looked. It's a dreadful time of the year to have this happen - NOT that any time is a good time! I suspect that there will be a few people home in Britain for the festive season that get one hell of a shock when they see this topic.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2008, 21:41:00 PM »
Alan -and other affected, can't beleive what I have read. It makes you worry for your own purchase, you think it's all ok but who knows. I truly hope you can make someone see sense.

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2008, 21:48:49 PM »
Do not know if this helps but this is something happened to em five years ago regarding land in kaya koy,my brothes fiend wanted to buy land there and asked me to call the powers that be in mugla to check it out i made the call and this is what i was told,"any buildings built on land in kaya koy was ilegal,but i was told belive this or not that if he went ahead and built it could be demolished by the government at anytime up to five times on the fifth demolition the building then becomes leagal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The land at kaya also has something to do with the past greek turkish thing I know there is a greek group who still have talks with the turks when it comes to kaya i dont know who they are but might be worth tying to find out at the greek consulate.

Good luck to you all my thoughts are with you.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2008, 09:50:38 AM »
Alan and everyone invlolved in this fiasco, I sincerely hope you find some way round this horrid situation.
As for Hanel, I know that Dippey pushed them the whole road and got every penny back from her purchase on Summer apartments due to it being built illegally so this may be a route to investigate further.
Good luck

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:12 AM »
Truly awful and I hope you get it sorted. I think we all need to be letting as many UK papers know as possible. I've mailed the Sun with a link to this article.

We can't let them get away with this!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf