Author Topic: Large interest rate drop  (Read 20600 times)

Offline saoirse

Large interest rate drop
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 18:41:29 PM »
indeed it has
I can forsee a return home over the next couple of years of quite a few as the high intrest account way of living comes to an end

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Large interest rate drop
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 20:06:05 PM »
quite a few have left already!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Large interest rate drop
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 20:48:10 PM »
Why? what awaits at 'home'?

Offline scorcher

Large interest rate drop
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 22:25:42 PM »
...... Scunner !

Offline Linda

Large interest rate drop
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

indeed it has
I can forsee a return home over the next couple of years of quite a few as the high intrest account way of living comes to an end

I have to comment that if you can't manage to live out here in Turkey, then people would find the UK near on impossible - that's without getting a job of course! The majority of people living out here are retired and would find it difficult to say th least to find employment in the UK. Everywhere has gone up in price but interest rates are still way in excess of the UK here, even with the current and anticipated future lows. I think it will just mean tightening of belts and living more frugally, which it's relatively easy to do out here. It's very easy to lead a happy life of simple pleasures here, whereas in the UK it's a different story.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:18:25 AM by Linda »

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Large interest rate drop
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 09:15:49 AM »
Thank you for that positive post Linda. As someone who is planning to make the move to Turkey it is good to hear that, as I thought, you can live "a happy life of simple pleasures".

My impression is that could be accomplished easily in a climate such as in Calis, especially if you don't have a car & eat in the local, rather than tourist, lokantasis.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Large interest rate drop
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »
How refreshing to read a positive post instead of all the moans about the interest rate going down and people going back home.  Will they still be able to go out to eat regularly in the UK....I think not. Simple pleasures is 100% right and lets not forget the wonderful fresh food and your own kitchen :)(If it gets really hard):D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Large interest rate drop
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 10:16:30 AM »
Hear, Hear, you can easiy live within your means here if you are sensible.

Offline brianthegardener

Large interest rate drop
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 10:37:08 AM »
Hear hear to, with local fruit and veg markets, here in Fethiye, being so cheap, cheap council tax, glorious sunshine..well for 9 months of the year...this place sure beets the *ell out of going back to the UK.....obviously it depends on your life style but you will NEVER have or get the same life style as you have here in the UK..Yes the interst rates are falling but they will never fall as low as UK...nice to see a possitive thread than all this "doom and gloom":D

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Large interest rate drop
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 10:50:21 AM »
All in all turkey has got to be better for prices i went to local the other night £3.25 pint of stella £5.65 lge gin and bitter lemon
gone are the days when you went out for a few drinks now its a drink or two.[^][:(!]:D ;)

quote:
Originally posted by brianthegardener

Hear hear to, with local fruit and veg markets, here in Fethiye, being so cheap, cheap council tax, glorious sunshine..well for 9 months of the year...this place sure beets the *ell out of going back to the UK.....obviously it depends on your life style but you will NEVER have or get the same life style as you have here in the UK..Yes the interst rates are falling but they will never fall as low as UK...nice to see a possitive thread than all this "doom and gloom":D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf