Author Topic: Paragliding  (Read 3974 times)

Offline duncan320

Paragliding
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:21:58 AM »
Hi.  Going to Calis Beach area in August, is there any companys in this area that arrange paragliding to Babadag mountains ?, been there a few times before when in Lykia World in Olu Deniz and would like to go paragliding again.

Thanks

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Paragliding
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »
Duncan -  I hope you really enjoy your holiday - and if you decide to go paragliding - have a fab time, there are plenty of company's in Olu Deniz that provide this -ie: Sky, falcon etc.

However please please think hard before signing up - I don't want to be a kill joy, but having sat on the beach last week and watched a young man plummet to his death in the sea, I certainly won't be recommending it to anyone. :(  The emergency services and the water sports guys were fantastic and did everything they could....but sadly to no avail.  very very sad and our thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Offline duncan320

Paragliding
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
Hi Pookie thanks for the reply, I have been paragliding in turkey a few times, and done the flying boat also ! But only with an instructor never on my own.
I take it there are no companys in Calis Beach area that do this i will need to go to Olu Deniz for that, save asking in another forum how far away is Olu Deniz from Calis Beach and what would be the best way to get there ? Bus or Taxi ? Also going to the market in Fethiye one day (is it on a monday ?) again Bus or Taxi there ?

Thanks

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Paragliding
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »
Duncan, you can get the bus to Olu Deniz from Fethiye,and the main market in Fethiye is on a Tuesday,
Pookie, there was fatal accident on the paragliding in May when we were there, take care Duncan.

Offline minxer

Paragliding
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »
hi, there is a new company based in olu deniz that do paragliding, but they will actually pick u up from calis and take you as part of the package... i think they are called galaxy? not 100% sure but saw some promo posters in the shamrock bar in calis.. will pop in and have a look later tday! will post later.. :) i was thinking about going  but i will stick to thinking i think!! hehe:D

Offline duncan320

Paragliding
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 14:00:31 PM »
Thanks all will be in Calis Beach from 8th August looking forward to it.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Paragliding
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 21:25:39 PM »
I understand that most if not all the deaths from paraglyding in the area are solo flyers. The safety record for double occupancy  (tandem flights) is very good. This suggests that solo flyers are more likey to take risks and sadly some of which are fatal. Also solo pilots are more likely to fly in adverse conditions.
However there is more chance of women dying in child birth than people dying paraglyding - amd more chance of dying riding a motor bike. Clearly there is a risk but tandem flying is relatively safe if you have the nerve!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 21:44:40 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Paragliding
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 23:29:10 PM »
hi duncan i go paragliding with sky sports .
done it 4 times doing it again when i come out in aug.
they pick you up and take you back to calis.

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Paragliding
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 23:33:16 PM »
hi duncan i go paragliding with sky sports .
done it 4 times doing it again when i come out in aug.
they pick you up and take you back to calis
i always go tandem.

Offline duncan320

Paragliding
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »
Thanks, i have only ever done tandem and have done it 4 times also myself now from Babadag in Turkey, all good.  Having a read on the forum now for other things to do while in the area.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf