Author Topic: Karting Track for Those with Teens  (Read 6256 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Karting Track for Those with Teens
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 13:44:41 PM »
ah, by all accounts the one of the Uzumlu road (still open) was far better anyway.    thanks all.

Offline Robw

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 15:57:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pookie

ah, by all accounts the one of the Uzumlu road (still open) was far better anyway.    thanks all.

How do we get to this from Calis Pookie? Do you know the opening times please?  :)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 19:57:35 PM »
sorry I dont know the opening times Rob, but easy to find.  If you are taking the Dolmus.....jump out at the Dolmus stop by the animal shelter on the Uzumlu road.  You will see a sign for it on the side opposite the animal shelter that takes you through a wooded area....follow the small road and you will find it easily.

Offline LoubyLou

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 09:24:57 AM »
Its open all day/evening, used by Turkish locals as well as expats. They have a cafe there (when we went it was out of season so they only served drinks, but I think they do food aswell). If they are busy they have some picnic tables to sit and watch until its your slot, and you have the mountains in the backdrop so lovely scenery to wait in aswell.

Offline LoubyLou

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »
I think it is open all day through to the evening. There alwasy seems to be someone there.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
When you cross the Antalya road from Gunlukbasi to Uzumlu, just past the houses there is a sign pointing off to your right and its about 200m down there. They have cafe and seats for watching. Go karts are proper karts and not the toy ones at Hisaronu so easier to go into the sides at corners and if going to fast and hit brakes and acceleration at same time as per normal karts your brakes tend to fail. Having said that - perfectly safe and lots of fun with a track 4 times the size at least bigger than the one in Hisaronu.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf