Author Topic: Internet Banking  (Read 3195 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Internet Banking
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »
I have just tried to access my TEB internet banking account, and was not able to gain access as it appears that I now need a 'one time password' which is sent to my mobile phone. All very good from a security point of view, but the problem is this password is delivered to a Turkish Mobile, and I am in the UK!  Unfortunately TEB or the the Mobile Network they use are unable to deliver these passwords to a UK mobile, and there's the rub, it means I can no longer access my TEB internet bank account in the UK.

The change is due to a Communiqué of the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, so apparently applies to all internet bank accounts?  Is this right?  Does anyone know of a way round this? And is TEB the only bank doing this, if not can you let me know, cos I've a funny feeling that TEB will be losing my custom over this: :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Internet Banking
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 11:40:32 AM »
Garanti Bank are happy to accept foreign mobile phone numbers, and send text messages to them, for foreign account holders.

From an email to Garanti customers:
"The SMS's within the scope of this implementation can also be sent to mobile phones abroad. If you are experiencing problems because of the SMS infrastructure or the mobile operator in the country where you reside, we recommend you to use Sifrematik or Cep Sifrematik."

I'm sure that if you contact TEB, they'll be able to resolve this for you. Ask them if they use the Sifrematik system like Garanti do as an alternative for customers who are unable to receive text messages
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:47:17 AM by KKOB »

Offline Chinook

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 13:20:55 PM »
HSBC will also send to UK mobiles.Presume your Turkish mobile is in Turkey with a minder if so and you trust them ,and you clearly do, ask them to switch on and retrieve the password for you.

Offline terrie

Internet Banking
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 15:21:38 PM »
Hi usedbustickets(peter),email Cagri direct to get him to change phone number,went to change my number yesterday,turkish mobile to new turkish mobile,took him about ten mins to sort out...when you go to log in you put in existing codes on page one,then when you click ok to go to 2nd page a text is automatic sent to you giving the code..this code is only valid for 3 mins,a new one is sent every time you log on cagri.nebioglu@teb.com.tr hope this helps. simon.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 15:22:19 PM by terrie »

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Internet Banking
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 22:44:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

Garanti Bank are happy to accept foreign mobile phone numbers, and send text messages to them, for foreign account holders.

From an email to Garanti customers:
"The SMS's within the scope of this implementation can also be sent to mobile phones abroad. If you are experiencing problems because of the SMS infrastructure or the mobile operator in the country where you reside, we recommend you to use Sifrematik or Cep Sifrematik."

Alan, I've just e mailed Garanti today enquiring what Cep Sifrematik is. Is there any chance you can enlighten us [?] as I don't expect a reply too soon.
Cheers
Ken

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Internet Banking
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 22:57:10 PM »
That means mobile password Ken  :)

Actually, it means mobile passwordmatic lol

Offline kenkay

Internet Banking
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:58:42 AM »
Cheers Keith. I sent them my mobile number so lets see what happens.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Internet Banking
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 12:05:33 PM »
Thanks to you all for the various pieces of advice, very helpful.  I had already contacted Cargi at TEB but have still to receive a reply. I'll keep onto him though.

If I can't get  a sensible resolution to the issue then I'll consider a move to Garanti or HSBC, because judging by the comments above their internet banking services look more 'friendly' to a UK based customer.

Thanks again.

Offline kenkay

Internet Banking
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 22:16:03 PM »
Got an e mail back fron Garanti requesting that I faxed them a signed mandate to enter my UK mobile number into their system. I e mailed them a scanned signed mandate which was acceptable so I should be back into my accounts tomorrow 8)

p.s. They stressed that a signature is necessary so both Sue and I signed as they are joint accounts.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 22:17:48 PM by kenkay »

Offline Andrew H

Internet Banking
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 10:08:28 AM »
You may want to read my posting under "Finansbank on line".
They will do it on the basis of a phone call and in my case all now works fine.
Agree seems not all banks have the same approach

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf